The Corner House of Whores and Monkeys. Enter for Fun & Shenanigans! We're weird here. In the most awesome way possible.

Right Now XXX

Old 04-16-2015, 08:49 AM

Received 1,147 Likes on 1,068 Posts

Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie
Originally Posted by kryptonite' timestamp='1429131521' post='23579199
Right now thinking most of you folks are out west but we should do a dragon trip / meet there on one of these events
Right now, committed to just getting to vtecmom's house in July.
Right now ...It was a lot easier to attend when I lived in Ontario (got an award the first year for travelling the farthest ).
Old 04-16-2015, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
Originally Posted by shareall' timestamp='1429124182' post='23578979
[quote name='kryptonite' timestamp='1429123323' post='23578943']
Right now I'm saying that there were 4 crashes I know of, two of those totalled their cars. the Silver one flipped it somehow, BB crashed into something, it looked like someone ripped the drivers side front off the car, one guy hit a guard rail and drove away and the other knocked the tail into a wall.

There's something to be said about taking your time on day 1, even day 2, getting comfortable with the road, the car, and yourself, and slowly increasing the pace until you get to a decent pace. Thing with the dragon and the surrounding roads is there's very little forgiveness like on a track.
Right now agreed. I went to my first Dragon event after having the car on the road for less than a month and zero track time. I was fully prepared to be mocked for "driving like a girl" because I wasn't going to push it. Immense gratitude that in the 9 or 10 (?) times I went the nastiest thing that happened to me was being pulled over in a group by the LEOs and only getting a warning.
(Right now)...

4 accidents in one weekend is nuts. I know there were some veteran guys there, didn't anyone give the "slow the eff down so you don't die, it's not a race course!" talk? Or did people just ignore it, thinking they were Lewis Hamilton?

I was lucky, my first trip to the Dragon, on the first pass thru, I got to "follow" Jason Saini (who has subsequently won a fair bit in high level auto-x/racing). And I say "follow" because despite being in identical stock S2000s on stock S02s, I managed to stay within visual of him for 3, yes 3, turns at the Dragon. He was that much better than me. So I just went about it myself and didn't try to prove anything, just to not die. My pace got better over the years (as others can attest to) with familiarity and practice. Like HC, most of the trips, the worst thing was a talk to a local constabulary (I had a couple myself , and may or may not have made a run for the state line a couple times ). Couple cars went off in various states of disrepair of the years...

But that much carnage in one weekend? Oi.
[/quote]
Right now I wondered the same thing in terms of whether there was a group talk/warning before rollout or at another time. The spring events always had a more intense vibe - more attendees and many people had the "itch" after taking the car out of storage. Combine that with high testosterone levels and the risk went up. As the years went on, I spent less and less time on the actual Dragon and more time exploring the surrounding areas.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:35 AM

Right now, fond memories of my first WTD trip. Photo cred to the ever-awesome Killboy (of course).

Old 04-16-2015, 12:50 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by shareall
Originally Posted by UnkieTrunkie' timestamp='1429140317' post='23579380
[quote name='kryptonite' timestamp='1429131521' post='23579199']
Right now thinking most of you folks are out west but we should do a dragon trip / meet there on one of these events
Right now, committed to just getting to vtecmom's house in July.
Right now ...It was a lot easier to attend when I lived in Ontario (got an award the first year for travelling the farthest ).
[/quote]

Right now saying they didn't do that award this year. Technically flew in from Costa Rica for the dragon so I wonder if I would have won.

Originally Posted by shareall
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly' timestamp='1429202673' post='23580283
[quote name='shareall' timestamp='1429124182' post='23578979']
[quote name='kryptonite' timestamp='1429123323' post='23578943']
Right now I'm saying that there were 4 crashes I know of, two of those totalled their cars. the Silver one flipped it somehow, BB crashed into something, it looked like someone ripped the drivers side front off the car, one guy hit a guard rail and drove away and the other knocked the tail into a wall.

There's something to be said about taking your time on day 1, even day 2, getting comfortable with the road, the car, and yourself, and slowly increasing the pace until you get to a decent pace. Thing with the dragon and the surrounding roads is there's very little forgiveness like on a track.
Right now agreed. I went to my first Dragon event after having the car on the road for less than a month and zero track time. I was fully prepared to be mocked for "driving like a girl" because I wasn't going to push it. Immense gratitude that in the 9 or 10 (?) times I went the nastiest thing that happened to me was being pulled over in a group by the LEOs and only getting a warning.
(Right now)...

4 accidents in one weekend is nuts. I know there were some veteran guys there, didn't anyone give the "slow the eff down so you don't die, it's not a race course!" talk? Or did people just ignore it, thinking they were Lewis Hamilton?

I was lucky, my first trip to the Dragon, on the first pass thru, I got to "follow" Jason Saini (who has subsequently won a fair bit in high level auto-x/racing). And I say "follow" because despite being in identical stock S2000s on stock S02s, I managed to stay within visual of him for 3, yes 3, turns at the Dragon. He was that much better than me. So I just went about it myself and didn't try to prove anything, just to not die. My pace got better over the years (as others can attest to) with familiarity and practice. Like HC, most of the trips, the worst thing was a talk to a local constabulary (I had a couple myself , and may or may not have made a run for the state line a couple times ). Couple cars went off in various states of disrepair of the years...

But that much carnage in one weekend? Oi.
[/quote]
Right now I wondered the same thing in terms of whether there was a group talk/warning before rollout or at another time. The spring events always had a more intense vibe - more attendees and many people had the "itch" after taking the car out of storage. Combine that with high testosterone levels and the risk went up. As the years went on, I spent less and less time on the actual Dragon and more time exploring the surrounding areas.
[/quote]

Right now wondering if I have to "right now" again

They did the newbie drive. The people crashing weren't newbies.

There was a lot of gravel on the road and random bumps. I was driving straight on devils triangle (Fast albeit) and the tail suddenly snapped to the left. Luckily I've had my share of tail kicks and I managed to drift through the next 50 feet and control it through.

I think I just saw a 5th accident on the RTD photo thread. These are just the s2000s FYI. There was a Fiat and Prelude group there this year too
Old 04-16-2015, 01:24 PM

Received 564 Likes on 507 Posts

Right now the network at work is so slow
Old 04-17-2015, 09:19 AM

Received 801 Likes on 712 Posts

Originally Posted by kryptonite
Right now wondering if I have to "right now" again

They did the newbie drive. The people crashing weren't newbies.

There was a lot of gravel on the road and random bumps. I was driving straight on devils triangle (Fast albeit) and the tail suddenly snapped to the left. Luckily I've had my share of tail kicks and I managed to drift through the next 50 feet and control it through.

I think I just saw a 5th accident on the RTD photo thread. These are just the s2000s FYI. There was a Fiat and Prelude group there this year too
There's always been gravel (especially near pulloffs) and bumps. If you hit a bit of gravel and lose the car, it means you were driving above your talent level and/or conditions, or worse, not paying attention. Blaming the road is denial.

What is devil's triangle? Never heard that corner name before.

BTW, the above isn't targeted at you, but more general. A lot of people go there and try to prove something, but mostly just prove they're asshats.
Old 04-17-2015, 09:22 AM

Received 801 Likes on 712 Posts

Originally Posted by s2ko
Right now the network at work is so slow
Right now, always... zzzzz
Old 04-18-2015, 12:57 PM

Received 1,552 Likes on 1,425 Posts

Right now, sat down, wondering if I can get up again.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:03 AM

Received 564 Likes on 507 Posts

Right now raining in NYC
Old 04-20-2015, 06:26 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Right now just got a package from vtecmom

Quick Reply: Right Now XXX