Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

After 3 months of waiting,

Old 03-13-2007, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like i said before though...awsome freakin car i wish i could afford one for a daily driver
Old 03-13-2007, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by kill,Mar 13 2007, 07:52 AM
yea thats the same stuff i heard...for normal daily driving there's no problem what so ever but if you take it to 10/10th's at the track be prepared for it to shutdown...i heard some rumors bmw will adress the problem...i also heard rumors that it was because the abs unit overheated which made the car think the engine was overheating...i dunno i kinda don't believe in it too much though....

the one thing that really bothered me is i heard that someone's car got damaged from overheating and when he took it into the dealership...bmw checked the ecu logs and noticed the guy was driving very spiritedly and they denied his warrenty work. i don't understand how a company can do that? shouldn't they by law have to program the ecu to stop the person from driving it like that for them to deny warrenty work? like i don't uinderstand why make a car that can push the performance limits...entice people to buy it because of those limits..and then when they come close to those limits and something breaks they deny the work? thats good logic...

kinda like what people say about the s2k's 9k rev limit...wow thats way too high you shouldn't rev it that high blah blah blah....if they make it so i can rev to 9k...shouldn't i be able to rev to 9k and not get denied because of abuse? its like...i'm chevrolet..i sell the z06 corvette..i'll give you a warrenty on it..but if you go faster than 60mph the ecu records it and lets me know when you come in for service..and i'll know you were "beating the car" and won't do warrenty work.

am i wrong thinking that a sports car should be driven like a sports car and the manufacture should do warrenty work as long as all proper maintenance has been done even if the person "beat" the car...shit wtf do i pay this extra money to get a sports car for if i can't drive it like one...thats what goes through my head...
Never heard the account you are referring to about the guy being denied warranty coverage for agressive driving. I'm not saying I don't believe you but you never really get the full story on internet so I would remain skeptical.

And no you're not wrong in thinking a sports car should be driven like a sports car. If I pay for a car that can rev to 9k you better believe I am going to rev it to 9k.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by mayanh8,Mar 13 2007, 09:18 AM
Never heard the account you are referring to about the guy being denied warranty coverage for agressive driving. I'm not saying I don't believe you but you never really get the full story on internet so I would remain skeptical.

And no you're not wrong in thinking a sports car should be driven like a sports car. If I pay for a car that can rev to 9k you better believe I am going to rev it to 9k.
Im speaking of a real experience here, I used to own an '03 M3 SMG trans, bought from Mainline BMW. I took it to DE and of course after 3 events (6days) of it the brake pad wears off, took it back to the dealer for pad replacement they say brake pads are not under warranty. (Although I somewhat remember that the sales people tells me that everything except tires are under warranty, even oil change is no charge). so after believing service rep. saying brake pads is under wear and tear, thus I paid for it. slightly disapointed.

Then after several months I went to a drag event, after several runs. when its time to warm up the tires (missed the wet box) I engaged the launch control on the SMG. The rear axle snapped!! towed back to the dealers then service told me, because the ECU registers that I have been engaging the launch control several times before it snapped, they concluded that I had been abusing the car. Thus my warranty is void. WTF! right?
repairs cost $5k!! Wrote angry letter to BMW(thought about SUEing), then sold the car.. by the way my M3 is completely stock.

Beside that when I came to service every time the rep. acted very snobbish, on the border line of politeness. takes minimal 1 day just for regular service.

Got an S2k since '05, no problem so far... just regular maintainence (which is alot cheaper then B.S. BMW warranty)
Old 04-01-2007, 05:44 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

I had a '93 325is in Alpine White....and it was a great drivers car. It sure did have gobs of torque Mine had aggravating problems with the interior (seat releases breaking) and other annoying

The 'full maintenance' deal for 4 years is great, but after that.....get out your checkbook I doubt that I'll ever have another German car....
Old 04-01-2007, 10:17 AM

The "full maintenance" isn't even all that great. You are only allowed 1 oil change for every $12,000 miles.

After a month of driving the car, it still has it's fun factor. But I don't see myself owning this car for more than a year. It's alot of car for a guy my age and the longer I keep this car payment, the longer I prolong my inability of owning a house. Luckily, I am in a good equity situation with this car and the 335i is holding its value well. I should be able to get my most of my money back.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:16 PM

yea you definitely chose the right car to buy i think..it'll hold its value extremely well and its a really nice car in my eyes.

on another note, i love how people are so skeptical about dealers scamming people by voiding warrenty. lol it happens all the time and its really skanky.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:49 PM

Nice Bimmer. I purchased my S used and opted for a warrenty for extra $. After driving short period of time a started to hear a noise. Took it in and had it checked, they ended up replacing the motor (bottom end) for no charge. Saved over $5600.