Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Anyone feel like a Hang-out/gathering in Jersey

Old 04-14-2005, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone feel like a Hang-out/gathering in Jersey

Hey guys I haven't been posting too much lately, and as such I've kinda fallen out of the "community" but I wanted to guage interest on possibly having either a low-key gathering or some kind of "event" on a semi regular basis thru the summer.

For those of you in the Pennington/Hopewell Area you may be familiar with the Cream King on RT 31. It's a local Ice cream & Restaurant. (similar to Dilly's in New Hope). I'm in the process of buying it and plan on opening April 30th. It's been around for 49 years and is a local hang-out/landmark of sorts. I'm trying to revive the place back to the glory it once had. I'm thinking about doing a "car night" or an "S2000 night" or something along those lines either on a week night or maybe a sunday morning (before a drive) type of thing.

Would anyone be interested in this sort of thing?

I'm sure that having 5-20 S2000's lined up in the parking lot would be a good thing for business, so I can definitely throw in some free food or ice cream.

Either way, if you're in the area at least beep as you v-tec along; most of the time there will be one S2000 in the parking lot!

thanx,
-paul (passleft)

Cream King
Old 04-14-2005, 08:32 PM

i would be down, i live in lawrenceville right outside hopewell
Old 04-14-2005, 08:40 PM

after i find out where this is, i'll come by
Old 04-14-2005, 08:44 PM

How far is it from New Hope??

I will definitely go to help out. It would also be a lot of fun.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:59 PM

yeah!

check out the Cream King website(it's VERY basic right now) but there's a link on the address line to the yahoo map of the place.

What days/nights would you guys be interested in? It could either be a "special" thing, or maybe a weekly/monthly thing...

I'm open to any suggestions.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:06 PM

Received 812 Likes on 447 Posts

Paul,

You keeping the chef? Nothing beats a Cream King mushroom cheese steak and well done fries for lunch! Follow that with a vanilla cone, and I don't mind going back to work for the afternoon!

Congrats on the purchase.

Before I read your whole note, I was thinking about a hang out at Jimmy's on Rt 29. He does a classic car thing on Thursdays I believe. However, I won't take away your business, so Cream King is fine with me.

Nishant - if you come across at Washingtons Crossing. Go to the circle at Rt 31 and head North. It's about 2 miles from there tops.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary,Apr 15 2005, 12:06 AM
Before I read your whole note, I was thinking about a hang out at Jimmy's on Rt 29. He does a classic car thing on Thursdays I believe. However, I won't take away your business, so Cream King is fine with me.
hey, so my idea may not be original...

I'm working on the menu now. Basically planning to keep the same items, offer a better quality and maybe add some healthier things for those of us that still want to fit in the S2000...

thanx btw
Old 04-14-2005, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by passleft,Apr 15 2005, 04:59 AM
yeah!

check out the Cream King website(it's VERY basic right now) but there's a link on the address line to the yahoo map of the place.

What days/nights would you guys be interested in? It could either be a "special" thing, or maybe a weekly/monthly thing...

I'm open to any suggestions.
It's only 12 miles from me. So, I'll definitely be there all the time.

I'm mostly free any night. I have a meet for another site on Thursdays. But, that won't hold me back.

I personally would rather do it on a weekend night, so there are more cars out on the road. And people will stop in to check out the cars.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:50 PM

i get off school in a month, and i live 6 miles from this place it would be great to meet up with you guys and check out your cars. i really want to meet all the people in our area cause i have never seen ONE s2000 around me. let us know the dates and we can organize some meets and some drives. ill be home this weekend and most likley driving to the drift event on saturday in wall if anyone wants to meet up and ride together just pm me
Old 04-15-2005, 04:29 AM

I know the back roads around there. We could meet at park and ride and hit a little newhope-lamberville run to there.

Quick Reply: Anyone feel like a Hang-out/gathering in Jersey