Delaware Valley S2000 Members Delaware, Eastern PA (Philly)Southern New Jersey

Need input on Goodyear Eagle F1 All seasons

Old 12-02-2007, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Need input on Goodyear Eagle F1 All seasons

I am thinking about getting some new sneakers for the daily driver rig (now at 50k). I have been running Michelin Pilot Sport All seasons for several years and am quite happy with them.

The summer traction in the dry and wet is a little to be desired but winter is very good and the longevity (just had to replace rears once in 35k+) and QC (balance retention, maint of air pressure etc) is fantastic.
This is my daily driver, I don't track the machine and don't need super sticky rubber for summer.
Best of both worlds I would have 2 sets of rims with tires for each use but, alas.

I now am looking at the Goodyear Eagle F1 All seasons based on very high marks on Tire Racks testing and reviews.
Does anyone know users of F1 A/S's on the S2k or anything else or have anything to input to the data base?

I personally have had a poor result, on another machine, with Goodyear rubber and am somewhat leary of their tire choices and predictability for passenger vehicles. But, then Michelin makes some real dogs as well.

And, then again the winters here in Jersey don't come close to Pickle Crow, Ontario.

I am in a connundrum. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:36 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I HIGHLY suggest going with 2 sets of wheels and running summer/winter tires. Currently I am on wintersport m3s for winter which are phenomenal in both dry and snow/ice traction. Summer tires are up to you, you can get much better traction then the all-seasons, but with just as good of a wear rating.

Also note this setup is better as you can have the standard sized tires for winter (thinner contact patch) and the recommended wider size for summer (see contact patch threads about stock S02s compared to other tires).

A stock set of Ap1 wheels can be had for ~$100 and are well worth the investment for a daily driver that is to be used all year long.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:34 PM

Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by AssassinJN,Dec 2 2007, 11:36 AM
I HIGHLY suggest going with 2 sets of wheels and running summer/winter tires.
Gotta agree on separate wheels and winter tires. The good summer tires like the F1 or S02's, or RE-01s are really summer tires and you will do significantly beeter with keepinga a set for the summer and looking at Blizzaks or similar.

I am running RE-01Rs and I really love them, but I wouldn't use them in local snow, sleet or anything like that, but on dry, they're fantastic.