Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Doctor Who

Old 10-09-2018, 10:00 AM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Doctor Who

This is a British tv scifi series that aired first in and around 1963. There was a slight gap in production from about 1989 to 2005....that is an approximation. The central character is an alien/human that travels anyplace in time and space in his capsule, the TARDIS. If you are a fan you know all of this, what Tardis means, and stuff like that. It's excellent. The new doctor, #13 is now a woman and the first episode of this new season just aired. Look at bbc america or youtube.
I say #13 because prior to this and part of the ongoing story is that at some point (usually 3 years) the actor quits and there is a new one to take place....always been a man before. The doctor regenerates as only he can and becomes the same character played by a different actor. It's really good. It's difficult to have a favorite doctor, but usually it's the first one you see that is your favorite.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:01 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default time for a refresh already

I have now watched this years series. It was very short and it was poor. Not well written, cast...the stories were full of political correctness issues and of course issue's with the Doctor being a woman now. The companions were weakly written, the doctor played by and excellent actress was totally mis cast. Even the Dalek failed to entertain.

I cannot recommend the series any longer, unless they change a few things I think many feel this way. I have been a fan since the mid 1970's and have a favorite doctor or two....it would be like making Lassie a pitbbull , redoing the wizard of oz with Fred instead of Dorothy or the loan ranger cast as Arnold, with a different ethnic as Tonto. It's just not right and needs a refresh for the oldest running sci fi show in the world.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:12 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

IV, III, V in that order - the rest "meh" I could never get into any of the reboot doctors at all... still can't. The productions values were and still are just like all those Sci-Fi channel TV shows that crapped out like Farscape... No thanks. It was much better where it looked like a how radio show sounded (if that makes sense).