Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Matrix Reloaded: spoiler thread. If you haven't seen the flick, stay out.

Old 05-15-2003, 12:53 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Matrix Reloaded: spoiler thread. If you haven't seen the flick, stay out.

This thread I started because there are points of the movie that obviously polarize opinion, as well there are plot elements and philosophy that is interesting and somewhat confusing. I thought this might be a fun place to discuss it.

Raj
Old 05-15-2003, 12:56 PM
Former Moderator

I thought it was great at the end when Neo found that he had powers beyond what was in the Matrix. His real world powers to kill squiddy give a great preview that even though the architect said "the one" was simply a pawn, that there may actually be more to him.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of couse he could still be inside the matrix and only think he is out. That may be why he could stop the squids.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by kodos
Of couse he could still be inside the matrix and only think he is out. That may be why he could stop the squids.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:06 PM
Former Moderator

I didn't think of that and now my head hurts
Old 05-15-2003, 01:08 PM
Former Moderator

I also like the idea of rogue programs. Since the computers can now think by themselves, the self awareness of the programs surviving is an interesting thing.

The oracle being a guide simply to make sure the Matrix works is mind blowing too.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flipping the other way. The 6th Matrix also makes sense. The computers know that .1% of the people will reject the matrix. Implant the legend of the "one" each time. Seed Zion with people who say "hey look at all these neat machines we have been left" and every 100 years you get to purge the Matrix. All the the problem people gather at one place, the machines kill everyone, and the program starts again. Perfect logic.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:26 PM
Former Moderator

I'm kinda thinking along these lines as well.

Or maybe the "real world" is just another part of the Matrix altogether!

At any rate, I'm gonna have to go see it again to take another shot at figuring out all the stuff at the end. Why bother letting Zion rebuild itself and cause trouble over and over again? Why not just kill all the humans in the "real world"? Then, if someone rejects the Matrix, they wake up, get flushed, and are left alone in an inhospitable environment all naked and grody. End of problem. And why would all the previous "One's" look like Neo? I dunno, need to think about it some more.

But holy what about those fight scenes! Nobody does it better than the Matrix films .
Old 05-15-2003, 01:59 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It was ALL the Matrix. There is no Matrix. The architect explained that all of it was a program....even Zion. The power was within him all along. It wasn't necessary for him to be "inside" the Matrix to use his powers.

That's what I picked up from it.
Old 05-15-2003, 02:19 PM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by honda606
[B]

Quick Reply: Matrix Reloaded: spoiler thread. If you haven't seen the flick, stay out.