Dinner and a Movie Discuss your favorite movies foods, restaurants and recipies.

Rogue one

Old 12-17-2016, 07:22 PM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts
Default Rogue one

so, we just couldn't wait and checked out the AVX 3D version of Rogue One. I'm not usually a 3D guy, but surprisingly, i forgot it was 3D and really, really liked it. no, like, really liked it. Except for the mofo 30 minutes of commercials- i remember when all i had to sit thru or rather stand thru- was the National Anthem. One benefit of having reserved seating is being able to show up 2 minutes before the movie starts instead of sitting thru inane commercials trying to convince me that Toyota makes fun to drive cars. But i digress.

Ok, this takes place as an adjunctive story referenced in a single line in Episode 4- "many Bothans died to bring us this information"- one line breeds a whole 2 1/2 hours of action, explosions, darth vader, and the most graphic star wars movie yet. It shows how the rebels got the information to eventually destroy the death star in episode 4 - oops, i just ruined the whole plot of star wars, a new hope.

For any star wars fan, you will not be disappointed. Great references to what you already know and love. the star wars aesthetic is alive and well and finally- FINALLY- comic relief that doesn't make you die just a little inside each time its on the screen.

Spoiler

So, i give it a solid 9/10. My boys (11/13) and wife (not a big star wars fan really) loved it too. What a great way to spend christmas! Now, i can't wait for Jennifer Lawence and Chris Pratt in Passengers!

darcy

Last edited by darcyw; 12-17-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:08 AM

Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

How many Easter Eggs did you find. *hint* How many Episode 4 characters could you find?
Old 12-20-2016, 04:20 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

Please use spoiler tags if one is to refer to spoilers in this discussion
Old 01-07-2017, 05:32 AM

Received 340 Likes on 277 Posts

i saw the movie AGAIN last night and it was just as good. maybe even better since i was able to catch more of the story.

3D is still stupid thought- its only available in that format in my town currently.

darcy
Old 01-14-2017, 01:03 PM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by darcyw
so, we just couldn't wait and checked out the AVX 3D version of Rogue One. I'm not usually a 3D guy, but surprisingly, i forgot it was 3D and really, really liked it. no, like, really liked it. Except for the mofo 30 minutes of commercials- i remember when all i had to sit thru or rather stand thru- was the National Anthem. One benefit of having reserved seating is being able to show up 2 minutes before the movie starts instead of sitting thru inane commercials trying to convince me that Toyota makes fun to drive cars. But i digress.

Ok, this takes place as an adjunctive story referenced in a single line in Episode 4- "many Bothans died to bring us this information"- one line breeds a whole 2 1/2 hours of action, explosions, darth vader, and the most graphic star wars movie yet. It shows how the rebels got the information to eventually destroy the death star in episode 4 - oops, i just ruined the whole plot of star wars, a new hope.

For any star wars fan, you will not be disappointed. Great references to what you already know and love. the star wars aesthetic is alive and well and finally- FINALLY- comic relief that doesn't make you die just a little inside each time its on the screen.

Spoiler

So, i give it a solid 9/10. My boys (11/13) and wife (not a big star wars fan really) loved it too. What a great way to spend christmas! Now, i can't wait for Jennifer Lawence and Chris Pratt in Passengers!

darcy
idk why people keep getting this info wrong . "Many bothans died to get us this information " . That was for the second death star. It has absoultely nothing to do with rogue one.