Euromeet 2014 - 15th Anniversary Archive of the second Euromeet in Italy

Minvo Group Convoy

Old 01-07-2014, 05:13 AM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by HRS2000
I might drive back with your group. And then go from Reims to the Netherlands. I wanted to do Monaco on the way to or coming back from Italy.
Near Reims I know a nice place to make photos. A old racetrack called Circuit de Gueux. The old buildings next to the track have been restored. I've been there last year
Can you give me more details on this circuit?
Do you know of any nearby hotels? We plan to be staying near Reims on the last night.
Can you get on the circuit?

Minvo.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:15 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by allan666
Sounds good Steve we will come down with you but are staying 3 nights so will do our own thing after.
Mark
Alan,

You can always catch us up on the Monday!
We are only planning on staying nearby on the Sunday night (just so we don't have to drive backwards after heading south).

Minvo
Old 01-07-2014, 05:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a tip for anyone booking hotels for the journey there and back.

Use 'quidco.com' to find hotels on the 'hotels.com' and 'bookings.com' websites. You can get between 4% and 8% as cash back using this method.

It all helps to keep the costs down

Alan
Old 01-07-2014, 06:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by minvo
Originally Posted by HRS2000' timestamp='1389047106' post='22952634
I might drive back with your group. And then go from Reims to the Netherlands. I wanted to do Monaco on the way to or coming back from Italy.
Near Reims I know a nice place to make photos. A old racetrack called Circuit de Gueux. The old buildings next to the track have been restored. I've been there last year
Can you give me more details on this circuit?
Do you know of any nearby hotels? We plan to be staying near Reims on the last night.
Can you get on the circuit?

Minvo.
It's an old circuit that used the normal roads. The roads are still there but they are public roads. The buildings are really nice to see.

There is more to be seen. And the roads in the area are nice as well.
For more photos and info look for circuit de Gueux on Google.
I don't know about a hotel near there. I stayed the night in Chateau-Thierry in a Campanille hotel. I was there the weekend for a trackday
Old 01-07-2014, 06:30 AM

And Minvo I know a nice road just of lake Garda. It's not for fast driving. But the road is very nice through the mountain. You allmost get the feeling it's been built for a fairy tale . And when you get out of the mountains the view over lake Garda is really nice.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:39 AM
Community Organizer

It's an old circuit that used the normal roads. The roads are still there but they are public roads. The buildings are really nice to see.
I don't know about a hotel near there. I stayed the night in Chateau-Thierry in a Campanille hotel. I was there the weekend for a trackday
Cheers for that. I have added it the plan above.

Minvo
Old 01-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Community Organizer

And Minvo I know a nice road just of lake Garda. It's not for fast driving. But the road is very nice through the mountain. You allmost get the feeling it's been built for a fairy tale . And when you get out of the mountains the view over lake Garda is really nice.
We need to make sure any roads in the mountains are open in May (and not closed for snow).
But yes please! let me know more...

Minvo
Old 01-07-2014, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by HRS2000' timestamp='1389108227' post='22953633
Cheers for that. I have added it the plan above.

Minvo
I have added it to my route down as well - thanks Haye for the suggestion!
Old 01-07-2014, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by HRS2000' timestamp='1389108609' post='22953636
We need to make sure any roads in the mountains are open in May (and not closed for snow).

Minvo
Check the local weather sites. They will advise on pass status. the high passes eg Stelvio, Gavia, GtStB, Nufenen are quite likely to be closed until June. Look at our website for info - see signature.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by HRS2000' timestamp='1389108609' post='22953636

Minvo
This road will be open. Around lake Garda there isn't a loy of snow normally. I've been there with the 1st Euromeet.
I can't find the exact location of the road. But I will look when i'm home. Have to see it on laptop. Maps on my phone is to tiny. But it is near Limone. Also a verry nice place to visit.

Quick Reply: Minvo Group Convoy