Euromeet 2014 - 15th Anniversary Archive of the second Euromeet in Italy

Minvo Group Convoy

Old 01-08-2014, 12:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000_sam
Haye, there are some of us wanting to take in the roads near Aosta valley (Great and Petit St Bernard passes) then drop down into Monaco on the way home. I also planned to do Reims on the way to the ferry.
Hi sam,

We tried to do the 'Fluela-pass' to Liechtenstein on the last Euro-Meet but it was closed for snow. Well it was April!!

We tried again last July when we were coming back from Garda and left Limone in scorching 32 degree heat only to run into minus 5 degrees and snow blizzards over the top.
Moral of the story......Check routes carefully before leaving
Old 01-08-2014, 09:10 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Appreciate the heads up guys, have done all the homework and know the ones I want to drive may well be snowbound. Its all very much dependant on weather and situation at the time.

Im thinking the whole Euromeet experience will be very flexible for me
Old 01-11-2014, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Minvo - we will be using the euro tunnel at the same time as you so will be interested in discount rate, but below is the route we will be taking.

We are using le sau (Thanks Alan) quick route down to Euromeet.
We will be using the Euro tunnel on Wednesday 14th May between 6:00 - 8:00am have not booked yet, waiting for hopefully discount code
Today we have booked our Hotels as follows:

Wednesday 14th May - 1 night - Hotel Perler Hof (Perl) Cost €78 included breakfast

Thursday 15th May - 1 night - Hotel Der Fuerstenhof (Kempton) Cost €82 included breakfast

Return:

Monday 19th May - 1 night - Hotel Der Fuerstenhof (Kempton) Cost €82 included breakfast

Tuesday 20th May - 1 night - Hotel Perler Hof (Perl) Cost €78 included breakfast

If anybody else would like to join us on this route they are more than welcome.

Looking forward to a great Euromeet

Lorraine & Steve
Old 01-12-2014, 03:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Minvo wednesday you want to stop in Avesnes-sur-Helpe?
I would drive from Calais to Hesdin and then to Arras. Arras to Cambrai and then Avesnes-sur-Helpe. Roads near Lille and Valenciennes are shit.

From Avesnes-sur-Helpe I would go to Reims. And from Reims the N4 to Nancy. From Nancy I would drive to Colmar through the Elzas and take little mountain col.

Colmar I would drive to Freibourg and then the B31 to the Bodensee.
And from the Bodensee to Bregenz. Bregenz to Landeck and then to Nauders.
From Nauders you get on The Reschen Pass SS40 .
The 2 SS you mentioned might still be closed. SS40 will normally be open. Is a bit bigger but verry nice. And there is a artificial lake with a church tower sticking out of it.

For a lunch stop in France I would suggest a Routier (French Truckstop) . They are used to groups. And they have good food normally. And enough parking space.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:07 AM

B31 Freiburg im Breisgau to the Bodensee

Lake at the Reschen Pass
Old 01-12-2014, 04:12 AM

Are there any hotels booked? Or do you want to just see how far you can get each day?
Old 01-12-2014, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by minvo
Originally Posted by HRS2000' timestamp='1389108609' post='22953636
And Minvo I know a nice road just of lake Garda. It's not for fast driving. But the road is very nice through the mountain. You allmost get the feeling it's been built for a fairy tale . And when you get out of the mountains the view over lake Garda is really nice.
We need to make sure any roads in the mountains are open in May (and not closed for snow).
But yes please! let me know more...

Minvo

Old 01-15-2014, 02:50 AM
Community Organizer

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by HRS2000
Minvo wednesday you want to stop in Avesnes-sur-Helpe?
I would drive from Calais to Hesdin and then to Arras. Arras to Cambrai and then Avesnes-sur-Helpe. Roads near Lille and Valenciennes are shit.

From Avesnes-sur-Helpe I would go to Reims. And from Reims the N4 to Nancy. From Nancy I would drive to Colmar through the Elzas and take little mountain col.

Colmar I would drive to Freibourg and then the B31 to the Bodensee.
And from the Bodensee to Bregenz. Bregenz to Landeck and then to Nauders.
From Nauders you get on The Reschen Pass SS40 .
The 2 SS you mentioned might still be closed. SS40 will normally be open. Is a bit bigger but verry nice. And there is a artificial lake with a church tower sticking out of it.

For a lunch stop in France I would suggest a Routier (French Truckstop) . They are used to groups. And they have good food normally. And enough parking space.
Many thanks mate! I have amended the route taking in those roads you suggested.
(I have typed up Wednesday's route now and will do Thursday soon)
No need to go to Avesnes-sur-Helpe so I have missed it out so we can get to Nancy for a hotel.

Minvo
Old 01-15-2014, 02:52 AM
Community Organizer

Are there any hotels booked? Or do you want to just see how far you can get each day?
I think we need to book hotels in advance (don't want to be looking for a hotel after driving 6 hours).
I have notes on the schedule to remind me to book some.
If anyone has any suggestions then please shout (more than happy to share the route plan)

Minvo
Old 01-15-2014, 02:53 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by minvo' timestamp='1389109250' post='22953648
[quote name='HRS2000' timestamp='1389108609' post='22953636']
And Minvo I know a nice road just of lake Garda. It's not for fast driving. But the road is very nice through the mountain. You allmost get the feeling it's been built for a fairy tale . And when you get out of the mountains the view over lake Garda is really nice.
We need to make sure any roads in the mountains are open in May (and not closed for snow).
But yes please! let me know more...

Minvo

[/quote]

WOW !

Quick Reply: Minvo Group Convoy