Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

2/1 Meet for First Coast S2k (Caddy Shack/St. Augustine)

Old 01-09-2003, 06:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2/1 Meet for First Coast S2k (Caddy Shack/St. Augustine)

After an amazing turn out in January (see prior thread - 19 S2ks, 1 NSX) let's see what we can do in February.

Once again, we will hold our S2000 meeting at the Caddy Shack restaurant located in the World Golf Village of St. Augustine, Florida. The meeting will start at 1:00 p.m. on the first Saturday in February which happens to be the 1st. I will try and make sure we have the private room this time so we can have more of a meeting atmosphere in the restaurant. We'll also plan on parking in the same location as the January meeting. That seemed to work very well and offer some level of privacy for our cars.

Since we should have the private room this time we'll plan on discussing things like the April Florida Super Meet and other related topics. If they're up for it, I'd like to ask Robert & Gayle to plot a drive for us again.

Please RSVP to me by either posting on this thread, private messaging me, or e-mailing to nvrquit4@s2ki.com. I use the RSVPs to make sure Caddy Shack has adequate parking, seating, etc. for us. Your cooperation is extremely helpful in planning these meetings.

Thanks to everyone who attended in January. It was really fantastic seeing so many cars. Thank goodness we had some great pictures because I still have a hard time believing we went from 9 to 19 S2ks in about 60 days. Not that I don't want all meetings to have such high or even higher attendance but JUNE 2003 will be the ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF FIRST COAST S2K. That should be extra BIG don't you think?

Ideas for meeting topics, events, drives, etc. are ALWAYS welcomed. As always, "majority rules!"

Shay
Old 01-09-2003, 08:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can we do a "clinic" each meet? I have heard a lot of people express interest in clearing, changing, and or removing the amber front parking light (corners). Do we have a "resident expert" who can enlighten us on the process?

Maybe at each meeting we can nominate and vote on the topic for the next "clinic". Other clinic topics may include changing the side markers to the clear ones, driver's side convex mirror mod, etc.

Also, many people have mods that may interest others. For example, Jay's turbo. I personally would be more than willing to buy Jay lunch for a ride in his S, just to experience the turbo!

The same goes for other mods. This may be a great way for people with modded cars to get a free lunch from me, and for me to check out the mods! always wanted to see if the x-braces and lowering springs made a positive difference. Any takers?
Old 01-09-2003, 08:39 AM

I also wanted to mention that I bought a set of the seat locks and they are a nice mod for those of you worried about getting your top slashed and seats stolen.

The link is here - https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=88983

Maybe we can get together some kind of group buy on other goodies? I'll bring my wishlist and if we all compared what we would be interested in getting we may find out there are things in common that we as a group or "club chapter" could get a good deal on. At least split shipping costs down. Just a thought...

Here's my wishlist for my '01

17" wheels (Volk CE28N's or OZ Superleggera's)
aluminum deadpedal
Rick's leather console cover
Voodoo shift knob
clear side markers
Rick's smoked corners
JDM convex driver's side mirror
X-brace (not sure which one yet)
springs (not sure which)
rear wheel well liners
Big Brake Kit (not sure which)

etc.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd let Jay borrow my g-friend if he would just let me take da turbo for a lap around World Golf Village!!!

Good idea Chiung! I want to feel the Rick's voodoo knob, as this is a mod I want to do SOOOOONNNNN.....

BTW, I'm in for da next meeting...
Old 01-09-2003, 09:02 AM

I personally wouldn't let anyone borrow my GF but I would like a ride in the turbo as well!!!!
I don't like people touching my things!!!! (just kidding)
The Voodoo Knob Rocks - Get it!
Hopefully we will make the next one....
Nick
Old 01-09-2003, 10:10 AM

Got you guys down. Great idea with the group buys. There's always something you want for these cars. My next thing(s) are stereo upgrade and I'd like get the pc'd and s2000 logo'd brake calipers. I may just paint them though, we'll see.

Layton - you sure your gf would let you lend her out? I know you like to shoot video and all. j/k

See you guys
Shay
Old 01-09-2003, 10:44 AM

She'd probably do the same with me!! =)
Old 01-09-2003, 11:45 AM

Old 01-09-2003, 02:22 PM

Nick, did you install the H&R springs yourself or have someone do it? If so, about how much was the spring install and did u get it done in Orlando? Thanks.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:45 PM

I may be late, but I hope to be there!

Warren

Quick Reply: 2/1 Meet for First Coast S2k (Caddy Shack/St. Augustine)