Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Girls - does the ride matter?

Old 02-19-2006, 10:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Girls - does the ride matter?

So ladies, I'm just going put it out there - half the guys here bought an S2000 (at least in part) to pick up girls. I mean, it's a hot car. I know I get a lot of compliments on mine - but are they empty compliments?

I'm just wondering ... say a guy pulls up in an S2000 ... I dunno ... say, a yellow & black one ... what's going through your head? Do you pick him over the guy driving the Scion?

I hope that somebody can put this issue to rest for me, I feel so confused
Old 02-20-2006, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i doubt the boys in here REALLY bought these cars to impress girls...but thats a good thought...at least i THInk they didnt.

as far as being a car girl myself...i dont care for yellow so a yellow s2000 really would tickle my fancy that much (<3 chris and travis).

cars matter to some girls (myself which is why -i- have an s2k). some girls -think- cars matter but those are the dumb sluts that like guys in mustangs. we cant have that.

theres your answer.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:39 AM

The only cars that "gets" girls are the ones in the $100000+ range, and that's only because they know or atleast think you have money. And I don't think that's the kinda girl anyone wants.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by fernies04s2k,Feb 20 2006, 03:17 AM
i doubt the boys in here REALLY bought these cars to impress girls...but thats a good thought...at least i THInk they didnt.

as far as being a car girl myself...i dont care for yellow so a yellow s2000 really would tickle my fancy that much (<3 chris and travis).

cars matter to some girls (myself which is why -i- have an s2k). some girls -think- cars matter but those are the dumb sluts that like guys in mustangs. we cant have that.

theres your answer.
I'll let the yellow comment slide b/c I didn't like it when I first got the car, but it's really growing on me.

Thanks for clearing that up fernie - plus I'm glad that I have a car that can beat the crap out of a Mustang (like 90% of tuners can't say the same thing) - we definately need to keep those kind out of the gene pool.

I'm not sure about the logic though, I don't know if white trash in Mustangs attract dumb sluts or if dumb sluts attract white trash... the world may never know....
Old 02-20-2006, 04:04 AM

If you bought the car to pick up chicks, you're in for a lot of dateless nights

I love a woman who can appreciate the car for what it is (a fun roadtsre), but have no interest in a woman who hangs out with me simply because the car leads her to believe I have money...
Old 02-20-2006, 04:29 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

The car maybe the ice breaker but, you have to have the gift of gab. That is old slang for talking $hit/game if you have no game you will get a cold passenger seat I read that in a fortuion cookie
I have a friend that drove an old S-10 PU and would get numbers from girls in traffic along US19.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:15 AM

[QUOTE=zbrewha863,Feb 20 2006, 06:58 AM]I'll let the yellow comment slide b/c I didn't like it when I first got the car, but it's really growing on me.

Thanks for clearing that up fernie - plus I'm glad that I have a car that can beat the crap out of a Mustang (like 90% of tuners can't say the same thing) - we definately need to keep those kind out of the gene pool.

I'm not sure about the logic though, I don't know if white trash in Mustangs attract dumb sluts or if dumb sluts attract white trash...
Old 02-20-2006, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by zbrewha863,Feb 20 2006, 06:58 AM
I'll let the yellow comment slide b/c I didn't like it when I first got the car, but it's really growing on me.
Why would you buy a car with a color you did not like from the start??!? Did you lose a bet or something????
Old 02-20-2006, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by MacGyver,Feb 20 2006, 08:04 AM
If you bought the car to pick up chicks, you're in for a lot of dateless nights

I have no interest in a woman who hangs out with me simply because the car leads her to believe I have money...

You want a chick magnet: get a puppy and a personality.

You want to impress women: get better shoes and ears that work.

The s2k isn't the best thing to impress women with. As a matter of fact, most people see me in the car and they make all kinds of stereotype assumptions. They think I'm a snooty jerk.

When ride my bike with my dog on the same street, many girls that turned thier nose up at my car will stop me and pet my dog, and try to make coversation with me.

I just think a guy on a bike with a good looking dog is alot more approachable than a guy in a sports car. My two cents.

But what do I know about women? I know alot about a certain woman that I've been with for 12 years. So take my words with a grain of salt. At this point I've got the "game" of a tired duck.

"quack quack quack"
Old 02-20-2006, 10:54 AM

bill youre so smart.

a puppy and a guy with good shoes with go far.

Quick Reply: Girls - does the ride matter?