Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Question about The Dragon

Old 07-16-2011, 09:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question about The Dragon

One of my friends and I are going to drive The Dragon in a couple weeks. My front shocks are on their way out, and my brake pads could do with a replacement, too. I don't have time to replace all of these things before we go.

My question is: will I be ok? I know it's a challenging road, and right now my car is fine (although the limits are not as extreme as normal). I just don't know how difficult the road is on cars, and I don't want to find out I'm in over my head halfway through the run.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you consider your car at this time to be...(( and right now my car is fine (although the limits are not as extreme as normal ))... it's not a 24 hr endurance.. it's a twisty public road.. so, how hard is it on our cars, not very.. i mean you can screw up.. but the car isn't the problem.. usually it's a driver error... the posted limit is like 30... and, it's patrolled... sooooooo, happy motoring..

i kind of moved up there for several months an drove all the roads.. they are awesome twisties..

Old 07-16-2011, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i highly suggest at least replacing the pads. JUST incase you know, hate for you to not be able to push your car as hard as you'd like.

make sure you're tires are up to par too.

most of all have fun!
Old 07-16-2011, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that it couldn't hurt to do the pads. You might not be able to push the car as much, but there's a chance you'll be better for it anyway
Old 07-16-2011, 04:31 PM

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

If you cant remember the last time you bled your brakes then pump a containet of fluid through them starting with the corner closest to the master.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:31 PM

"Keep it between the mustard and the yellow" lmao. < had to be there.
Have fun and stay safe.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by zbrewha863
One of my friends and I are going to drive The Dragon in a couple weeks. My front shocks are on their way out, and my brake pads could do with a replacement, too. I don't have time to replace all of these things before we go.

My question is: will I be ok? I know it's a challenging road, and right now my car is fine (although the limits are not as extreme as normal). I just don't know how difficult the road is on cars, and I don't want to find out I'm in over my head halfway through the run.

Increase your life insurance so your wife can finally afford that Austin Martin she wanted so bad lol
Old 07-16-2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by RENDERMAN
Originally Posted by zbrewha863' timestamp='1310838174' post='20786309

Increase your life insurance so your wife can finally afford that Austin Martin she wanted so bad lol
Well if it's an "Austin" Martin it might be affordable knockoff.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:26 PM

If the brake pads have plenty of life left I wouldn't worry about them but the dragon will work your suspension components(as well as brakes). I would replace the shocks first. Brake pads are not that expensive, it's $44 on Hardtopguy's website.

http://www.hardtopguy.com/store/prod...cat=100&page=1
Old 07-17-2011, 04:38 AM

Received 1,123 Likes on 1,001 Posts

Originally Posted by SortaRican
"Keep it between the mustard and the yellow" lmao. < had to be there.
Have fun and stay safe.

'Mustard and mayo'

Quick Reply: Question about The Dragon