Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Top Gear

Old 10-25-2007, 02:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Gear

I hope everyone gets the BBC because this last week's episode of Top Gear has to be one of the best hours of t.v. I have ever seen.

You will laugh and the antics of Jeremy and the boys as the travel from Miami to New Orleans each of them driving cars which cost no more than $1,000.00.

Besides being typically British in their sacastic humor, the episode ends with some particularly insightful observations of how Europeans view Americans, particularly as it relates to post-Katrina New Orleans.

I thought it was so good I have resisted the temptation to erase it from my digital recorder.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:05 AM

ive seen it, its from last season before hammonds accident.

but thats not just how europeans view america regarding kartrina, lots of americans do too.... to quote kanye west, i honestly believe "bush hates black people" or atleast doesn't give a shit. NO still looks like that today, and the levies are not any safer, theres no excuse for this, bush wont spend a couple million to fix NO while he keeps spending billions of un-budgeted dollars on the places and people that really matter to him (oil rich nations)

belive me, im a liberal, im the first person to say we should help someone else, but only if helping is ur intention and u dont have something else ur there for. and not when we have shit we need to take care of here.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry ... i'll edit my response to xupthree and just let him stand on the soap-box alone now. That's probably how he'd rather have it anyway.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:34 AM

Question

<------duct tapped his mouth shut

and around his head to keep it from exploding
Old 10-25-2007, 05:32 AM

How did a topic that started out about a funny show where crazy british guys drive POS's around turn into a debate about katrina, new orleans, and pres bush.

I havent seen the episode cause I am too cheap to get digital cable. What kinda cars were they driving?
Old 10-25-2007, 05:33 AM

Old 10-25-2007, 05:42 AM

I really love to find a nice quiet hornets' nest and stir it up.

So the record is clear, the episode is funny. Moreover, I said it was insightful because it revealed what Europeans thought of Americans. My posting was a-political.

Let's all stay focused on what can agree upon...our enjoyment of the S2k.

They drove a '88 Camaro RS with a 5 speed manual and V8 pushing a total of 190 bhp, a late 80's Caddy DeVille Brougham and a late 80's Dadge Ram pickup.

There was a hilarious appearance by the Stig's American cousin...the Big Stig!
Old 10-25-2007, 05:51 AM

I only caught the end of the episode.
I thought James May's car would be the first to go since his caddy looked to be in good shape, lol he couldn't even give the thing away.

The funny part about how they were almost going to be sued over misrepresentation concerning the Camaro was priceless.

Honestly, I love the show. Those guys are so funny, I think my favorite one so far was the show where they each made their own "amphibious" vehicles out of pre-existing cars.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:58 AM

Received 1,122 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Originally Posted by PrimoGen,Oct 25 2007, 08:34 AM
let me guess....you believe Bush blew up the levees too right?

without getting into an argument over bush or our policies regarding the war on terror, this has to be one of the most misguided and uninformed statements I have ever read.

Why dont you read up on what the onmipresent Mayor Ray Nagin did AND DID NOT DO regarding his fateful city before you start spouting off political rhetoric.

Start your quest with this picture:

Get some facts together and present your argument in a clear manner without regurgitating something a tinfoil helmet salesman broadcasted on Air America and maybe I will take that statement more seriously.
I'm pretty sure San Diegans are glad that Mayor Nagin isn't their Mayor.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:13 AM

The show was funny I watched it the other night. My tivo records all the Top Gears on BBC America (thats the channel its on).

Directv includes BBC America with its most basic package I think.

Quick Reply: Top Gear