Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Where to hang out in Miami/South Beach for a couple nights

Old 01-23-2002, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to hang out in Miami/South Beach for a couple nights

Need some help from you Floridians! I'm taking a Carnival cruise out of Miami and will be staying a Friday night before and a Sunday night after in South Beach. It's going to be me and my girlfriend, so plan accordingly . Maybe a cool bar/bistro for dinner and a bar/club to hang out at that Friday night? As far as I know, we are staying right on the beach. The Raddison, I think.

Thanks!!
Old 01-23-2002, 12:54 PM

Dood there's hundreds, literally hundreds of places to go. Every single restaurant on ocean drive, has great food....especially the hotels and the hotel bars. If you don't mind spending loot the delano hotel is THE place to go for dinner and drinks with a lady, it's absolutely stunning. All the restaurants are good though simply because there's so much friggin competition that they have to be good as hell in order to be open for business. Clubs...umm what kind of music do you like to dance to? If you like electronic dance music(house, trance) then i'm gonna say club spin and crobar are the two best clubs in south beach and no one will dispute that. Spin is on lincoln and washington near the corner of the block and crobar is right on washington 2 blocks south of lincoln. For the club scene you're gonna wanna stay on washington ave....for the food/bar scene you're gonna wanna stay on ocean dr. Like I said, I don't think anywhere will disappoint. Wet willie's has some great drinks too over on ocean. What dates are you coming down?
Old 01-23-2002, 06:32 PM

Yeah, good call on the Delano, be prepared to fork over alot of dough cause your smack dab in the middle of tourist season. As far as everything else is concerned Xpander has south beach pegged, just don't expect to get anywhere quickly, traffic is always terrible, it's usually best to walk. Stay near Washington Ave. if possible, that's where all the fun is. Also be ready to use more cash than you possibly think you could, like I said, it gets really expensive. Have fun!
Old 01-24-2002, 05:04 AM

Cool, thanks you guys. I'll check out the Delano for drinks. I don' t know if we'll be splurging on dinner since we will be eating steak and shrimp all week. Probably some cafe/bistro on the beach and then a club. What about a blues/jazz place with live bands?
Old 01-25-2002, 03:01 PM

If you want blues/jazz you should check out Jazid. It's on washington as well.
Old 01-30-2002, 05:26 AM

Mangos on South Beach is excellent... but so is just about every other place around there. Head up A1A to Ft. Lauderdale... it's not too shabby either.
Old 02-18-2002, 07:30 AM

Well I'm back. Thanks for all the tips. We ended up staying in Miami beach on 96th st at the Bay Harbor Inn. Nice place!

We ate at Scandal's on Saturday night and it was real real good. Then we went to the Clevelander for drinks, that's a pretty cool bar. Evinrude had a promotion going on there for the boat show. We only drove by the boat show, but those were some serious boats!