Florida For Sale Members Only!
Mark this thread as Unsold

Hondaparts5 on eBay

Old 03-01-2010, 09:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My mechanic buddy speaks highly of him... he says he gets all his motors that he uses for swaps (not just s2k motors) from Cody... but when I was looking to buy a used engine from him he seemed kind of sketchy. Cody originally told me the engine had ~40k miles on it, but when I asked for proof he had some complications producing some... so I asked him to just give me the VIN so I could run a CarFax on it. He finally came back and told me that he just ran a CarFax on it and it actually had ~60k+ miles.

This could all have been true, and he might indeed not have known that it actually had that many miles until he ran a CarFax on the VIN, and in all likelihood the engine probably would have been ok anyways... but I erred on the side of caution, and decided to buy a lower mileage motor from someone with lots of proof.

Of course though, buying an engine is WAY different than buying non-mechanical pieces.

Anyways, like I said, I've heard good things about him, and he seemed legit and nice... but for that particular purchase I didn't feel comfortable buying from him.

I wouldn't doubt if I go back to him next time I need something though, because his prices were indeed very good...