Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

Dealer Service/TSBs

Old 05-21-2001, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone in GA/ALA had any tranny TSB work done? If so, by whom and what was your experience? The national boards seem to indicate mixed results, perhaps depending on your dealer. Any dealer service feedback appreciated.
Old 05-22-2001, 06:52 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

RU, I can't recommend anyone around here yet. I've not heard any TSB stories from owners in the Atlanta area. My recommendation is to use someone close by in case you have future problems with the work.
Old 05-24-2001, 01:34 PM

I am curious about this same issue. I have a MY2000 that should get the TSB54 done and probably the TSB55 too. So far, I have been unable to find any other Atlanta area S2k owners who have had this work done.

A few from the Atlanta club have suggested a dealer up in Alpharetta (off Mansell?). I stopped by their service department one afternoon but was treated poorly (I think because I did not purchase the car there). Needless to say, I did not return.

Although I didn't buy my car from Ed Voyles, the salespersons were such jerks there that I refuse to patron the establishment because of it.

I even went so far as to ask a few local Honda-only repair shops if they have any suggestions about which dealer might have experienced techs on the S2000 for warranty work.
No luck there either.

I know, I am pretty paranoid about my car, but these are big jobs that require a good tech for them to be done right. S2k's don't come in too often and I'd just feel better knowing my car wasn't a learning tool.

Andrew
Old 05-24-2001, 03:59 PM

Andrew, seems as though we are narrowing down the list a bit because I could NOT recommend Gwinnett Honda off of I-85 but would try Lanier Honda at I-85 and I-985.

The Service people are very polite and friendly. They are also open all day on Saturday. From what I understand, to staff the new dealership, all the personell were hand picked (or stolen) from other area dealerships.

In general, Lanier is the best I've found so far in this area.
Old 05-25-2001, 05:09 AM

Sorry I have a dumb question...what is a TSB54 and TSB55?
Thanks!
Old 05-25-2001, 10:38 AM

So far I have had very good luck with Curry Honda, they did the seat belt retractor recall in a quality and timely fasion. I can also second (or third) the opinion on Gwinnett Honda, I have heard nothing but horror stories about those guys.
I also want TSB 54 and 55 done, but am waiting for some positive responces on a local dealer.
Old 05-27-2001, 07:32 PM

Diskman,
Technical Service Bulletin (TSB)
It is what Honda issues, when they have an issue with a product.
You can see them on https://www.s2ki.com Under Bulletins.

I have had several Hondas. And have had all my work done at Ed Voyles. I agree that car salesman can be jerks sometimes, but I have never had a problem with service there.

Most recent trip to Ed Voyles was to get my car worked on after hitting a deer. The stated that it would take a month to get all the parts in, and the work complete. I had them fax me the parts list, and I called another dealership to see if they could do it faster. (I could not go 1 month without my S2000!) They said that they could not get the parts any faster.

They rushed the parts in, and were done in 2 weeks. While it was there, they also did the seatbelt recall.

I have not had them do mechanical work, so I cannot give them a thumbs up, but they have been "on the ball" with service. If you go there, as for Miki. She will make sure that it gets to their best mechanic.
Old 06-15-2001, 10:00 AM

I recogize that most of you wouldn't want to drive as far south as LaGrange for service, but I'll report on my first trip back to where I bought my new MY OO (#4501) on the first anniversary of purchase. I had changed over to Mobil One myself after six months, and I had a list of things for them to do, including the TSB on the one to two crunch. They did all the other stuff, but did NOT do the TSBs, nor did they do anything about the hesitation/idle reduction problem that is often attributed to the MAP sensor. They claimed they could not get any of those symptons that I reported. We had some angry words on the phone, but when I went to get the car, I had a long talk with the SvcMgr. He convinced me he knew what he was talking about, particularly during a drive, when I encouraged him to push the car and shift to 2nd very hard from near redline.
He had none of the problems that I experience, BUT he has a drag racing background. He said if the car were his, he wouldn't think of cracking open the trans in the absence of a big problem. He suggested that the shifting was a matter of training, and that if we'd punch into the carpet going to 2nd we wouldn't have a problem. (I haven't had the problem since).
I also asked him to adjust the hood so it would close easier. He talked with the regional tech rep on all this stuff, and he said there were reports of hoods coming up at speed, and that he wouldn't recommend an adjustment. Now I just drop the hood from 24-32 inches and it closes every time.
Two other changes he made: I complained of rattles from the top latches. He replaced the windshield-mounted receivers with those designed for the hardtop. And he noticed some light oil staining below the valve cover and replaced the v.c. gasket.
Old 06-18-2001, 08:54 AM

RU, thanks for the info.
Old 06-18-2001, 01:22 PM

in cali, but actually getting my 54 & 55 done right now.....car will be in shop for a couple of days...they said at least until wed...

Quick Reply: Dealer Service/TSBs