Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

S2000 Atlanta July Drive/Dinner Pics

Old 07-25-2001, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

S2k Dude - Thanks for the pictures, the yellow, silvers, white and blacks S2Ks look good, but there is something about that red stook.

Thanks again
Old 07-25-2001, 10:19 AM

Hi Everyone!!! I had such a BLAST on Saturday. Thank you to Michael (aka "The General") for carting my butt around the mountains and thank you to Roland (aka "Zoom Zoom") for carting my butt around Buckhead!

I hope y'all enjoyed the pictures and movies (You can see the movies on QuickTime). The first movie is really good - cheers to my pilot for some fabulous driving. The 2nd one is pretty good too....sorry about the funky leg shot at the end of it though. I also took several pic's with Michael's camera, including some short 15 second movies. Hopefully we will have those posted soon as well.

I am looking forward to dropping my S2K "groupie" status, and becoming an actual owner. I know this is off-topic, but check out this thread. It shows the Suzuka Blue S2K - with (YES!) a glass rear window and you can even get it with a beautiful BLUE top. Oh my god, I can't wait!!!

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...1a680f81f4556b9

Thanks to everyone again for everything, including the Bucy's for being so kind to help John and Alana.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:31 AM

I just had a chance to look at the videos - fantastic.

And I too, had a great time Saturday, I look forward to the next event. A great group of people!
Old 07-25-2001, 12:13 PM

SuzukaSue,

Hi, I'm Dennis. The original founder of the Atlanta S2000 Club until I wrecked my Yellow S2000 in Feb.
Have you put in a order for your S2000 yet? Which dealer? Have they quote you a MSRP price yet? Hoping it is just another $200-$300 more than the MY2001 for all the goodies that I see (I hope they also added the in-wheel Sub. like the one in RSX). Wow! I can't wait either. I'm first on the list at Jay Honda for a Sebring Silver one. (They also told me it will come with glass rear window!)

I'm glad they did that. Most people do not care for the glass window. For me, driving the car, I do not care for the glass window. But for convenience (without getting out of the car to throw the tube thingie in the back, worry about folds (or even cracking) and scratches on the window). Less maintenance required. I have also owned several older covertible in my years; the plastic window do bown over time. (Hey, I may drive with my top down, but I park it with top up to prevent bird droppings and vendalism). So glass rear window is a plus in my book! Plus I heard it come with the defogger.

Convertible with glass window is the way to go! Not a hard top. Too much added weight. (I really don't care for the motorized top, manually is fine with me. It's a small top and one less thing to break down or drain my battery)
Like I said long time ago (for the glass rear window) Anything is possible, it's just weather Honda wants to do it or not. I seems like HONDA DO listen to their customers!
Old 07-25-2001, 02:02 PM

Hi Dennis,

I don't know if you recall, but we have met before! Anyway, to answer your question, no, I have not placed an order yet. I really would like verify exactly what will be offered in the U.S. first. The thread above showed the Japanese offerings. It was the first time I had "seen" the 2002 s2k in Suzuka Blue. I've talked to some dealers and there should be 2002 brochures out next month. I am anxiously awaiting..... Once I verify what will definitely be available, I will try and work with a dealer to get MSRP (or close to it!).

I am glad you are getting Sebring Silver. That in combination with my Suzuka Blue will round out our complete color representation when we go on club drives!!! WHICH is what this thread was originally about - sorry to change the subject y'all!

Speaking of the drive....for those that went....didn't you think it was funny there was such ODD stuff in the road? Not just the various road killage, but other weird stuff like a backpack, pants, and rock slide debris???? Did anyway else notice the funky stuff? Oh well, I guess it adds to the technical difficulty of the drive!!! As Trinity would say, "DODGE THIS!"
Old 07-26-2001, 12:41 PM

Great pics everyone...
It was definitely a Saturday to remember.

SuzukaSue, you are ALWAYS welcome to come along...