Georgia S2000 Owners For owners from Georgia

WTH?? The local board is down?

Old 04-15-2004, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No fear...Dwayne has found a new server, we have purchased a NEW copy of the forum software and we are in the process of getting the kinks worked out and things up and running...don't have all the details ready for you yet, but suffice it to say that Dwayne and I were on "teleconference" until 11pm last night working on the new site (he continued working after I "logged off" and went to bed")...

It shouldn't be too long before we are up and running again...under our own control...independant of the issues that are currently effecting the previous forum...

We'll have all the details for you at the meeting (including the costs since we are going to now have to pay for the hosting)...EVERYONE should attend the meeting if possible, since we will be making some decisions about how the site will be run, access to forums, etc...we'd like everyone's input into how things will work in the future...

I mustl say, it's looking pretty good already...and Jesse hasn't even made it "pretty" yet...Dwayne and I played around on it last night for a while to try to figure out how things worked and I definitely liked the new look and certain functions that will be available to us that weren't before..

A BIG hand to Dwayne for getting this moving after things were stagnant for so long...
Old 04-15-2004, 04:23 PM

That is great news.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:25 PM

"There is no place like home" "there's no place like home". "there's no place like home".
"there's no place like home". "there's no place like home". "there's no place like home".
"there's no place like home". "there's no place like home". "there's no place like home".
Old 04-15-2004, 04:27 PM

Thank you,
That is such good news.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:08 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by modifry
I appreciate your offer, but in my opinion this is exactly what we DON'T want - another private, done-as-a-favor hosting service.
Old 04-15-2004, 08:09 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doctor T
No fear...Dwayne has found a new server, we have purchased a NEW copy of the forum software and we are in the process of getting the kinks worked out and things up and running...don't have all the details ready for you yet, but suffice it to say that Dwayne and I were on "teleconference" until 11pm last night working on the new site (he continued working after I "logged off" and went to bed")...

It shouldn't be too long before we are up and running again...under our own control...independant of the issues that are currently effecting the previous forum...

We'll have all the details for you at the meeting (including the costs since we are going to now have to pay for the hosting)...EVERYONE should attend the meeting if possible, since we will be making some decisions about how the site will be run, access to forums, etc...we'd like everyone's input into how things will work in the future...

I mustl say, it's looking pretty good already...and Jesse hasn't even made it "pretty" yet...Dwayne and I played around on it last night for a while to try to figure out how things worked and I definitely liked the new look and certain functions that will be available to us that weren't before..

A BIG hand to Dwayne for getting this moving after things
Old 04-16-2004, 06:32 AM

Old 04-16-2004, 06:33 AM

oops! i didn't see the last post