Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

%!&#*367rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%

Old 12-04-2014, 06:02 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by goldenfri
Originally Posted by SlowTeg' timestamp='1417702234' post='23426619
So I picked up a G27 and hopefully will find some time to play it and GT6. Anyone else play on here?

If you have any recommended settings I'd appreciate it. I haven't played in close to a year, just setup the G27 last night, selling my old DFGT wheel. Of course, the updates for GT6 literally took hours, so I didn't even get a chance to play it last night..

My "rig" is pretty weak (homemade wheel stand). Hopefully one day I'll "upgrade" to a nicer setup..
Yea, a bunch of us have a wheel set up. We need to get a racing night set up.
We should,

Of course you need 3 displays to get full immersion.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbKtLuVUQR8[/media]
Old 12-04-2014, 06:06 AM
Community Organizer

Received 4,675 Likes on 3,358 Posts

I'm pretty sure that would just make me vomit all over myself.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:11 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by gfacter
We should,

Nice setup! How big are those screens they look big?! Is that iracing?

Unfortunately I want to keep my "rig" semi portable (as you can tell by the mat the stand is sitting on) since I can't dedicate space to it yet. Maybe in a few years I'll have the space but not for a while. Any tips/recommendations on keeping the pedals from moving? I guess an angled platform would be best w/ the pedal assembly screwed to it?
Old 12-04-2014, 06:15 AM
Community Organizer

Received 689 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1417703346' post='23426629
Yea, a bunch of us have a wheel set up. We need to get a racing night set up.
Sounds good. What wheel setup do you have Jim? I use a crappy stool as a seat. I'll have to think of some cheap modifications that can be done to my setup to make it more comfortable/effective. I think if it was a more realistic/comfortable setup I'd play the game more..[attachment=70251:wheelsetup.jpg]
I have a Fanatec CSR wheel, with a wheel stand pro and a folding chair. The chair gets pretty uncomfortable, but I can hid it all away to make my wife happy.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:19 AM

I have a Fanatec CSR wheel, with a wheel stand pro and a folding chair. The chair gets pretty uncomfortable, but I can hid it all away to make my wife happy.
Thanks Jim, sounds like we have similar "requirements." That wheel stand looks very compact.. is it pretty stable when in use? It looks like it folds away/up nicely which makes it easy to stow away. Maybe picking up one of these would be the smarter move than my mickey mouse stand..
Old 12-04-2014, 06:23 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by gfacter' timestamp='1417705352' post='23426656
We should,

Nice setup! How big are those screens they look big?! Is that iracing?

Unfortunately I want to keep my "rig" semi portable (as you can tell by the mat the stand is sitting on) since I can't dedicate space to it yet. Maybe in a few years I'll have the space but not for a while. Any tips/recommendations on keeping the pedals from moving? I guess an angled platform would be best w/ the pedal assembly screwed to it?
That's GT6,

2 43" plasma's and a 42" in the middle. I have a modded playseat setup which holds the wheel and pedals.

I changed the seat to the passenger seat out of my Z06, I had to bolt the entire assy to a piece of wood to get it stable. I will take some pics later. Its been a on-going thing since about 2006.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:26 AM
Community Organizer

Received 689 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by goldenfri' timestamp='1417706105' post='23426669
Thanks Jim, sounds like we have similar "requirements." That wheel stand looks very compact.. is it pretty stable when in use? It looks like it folds away/up nicely which makes it easy to stow away. Maybe picking up one of these would be the smarter move than my mickey mouse stand..
Yes, its actually surprisingly stable and has rubber thingys to hold the pedals in place. It works pretty well, I just wish I had a better chair

My future plans are to make a rig out of an S2000 seat one day if we ever move someplace that has more space.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:28 AM

Wow, I had no idea GT6 had multiple monitor support. A quick trip to google and it says you need a ps3 for each screen..

Ah well, not like I have the space for it anyway.. Slick setup for sure! Definitely would love to see pics.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:33 AM

Yes, its actually surprisingly stable and has rubber thingys to hold the pedals in place. It works pretty well, I just wish I had a better chair

My future plans are to make a rig out of an S2000 seat one day if we ever move someplace that has more space.
Thanks Jim.. I always thought they'd be flimsy but I've never used one and I guess tubular steel should be pretty darn solid.

I hear you on the last sentence. One day I'll build a rig, maybe like gfacter's. My DIY wheel stand is actually really stable and wasn't too expensive (well, it did take time), so I know I could build a decent rig if I had some more space for not too much $.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:34 AM

Received 2,264 Likes on 1,414 Posts

I've had a G27 for a few years but only used it like once. Just don't have anywhere to set it up and it is impossible to play with on your lap. I should probably sell the thing. Anyone interested??

Quick Reply: %!&#*367rd Official Hard At Work Thread!%&#!*%