Hard at Work Mid-A Off-topic Playground.

#$#@*& 98th Official Hard at Work Thread $#@($*@ (

Old 04-04-2007, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default #$#@*& 98th Official Hard at Work Thread $#@($*@ (

Sorry had to close the other one up early, got a meeting and I don't trust you guys
Old 04-04-2007, 10:06 AM

it's okay....I'll keep it going...

I think I'm even more confused. So let me see if I can get this right. People expected honda to:

have fully adjustable suspension (are we sure it isnt adjustable?)
have a full roll cage
5 point harness
different power plant
different exterior styling
be A LOT lighterweight
keep all the options (radio etc...)
keep it under $40
I'm assuming forget even trying to make it a daily driver since I doubt a lot of people would want to drive that thing all the time.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:07 AM

in reply to dylan:

as most of the legendary type-ARRRR's, their aero packages have received significant upgrades. the body modifications were put on strictly for the reason to make it more competitive in a track atmosphere. as much as i would personally love to see a more powerful motor in there(k24) the f22 will provide what is necessary for a sub 2800lb car. I imagine honda looked at several options for the motor, but as you know the f20-22 is making pretty much the power its going to make with out major modifications or power adders. If this car falls under 40k, which it should, the modifications added should be sufficient. If a new motor came into play, making this car "reasonably" priced would be difficult.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:07 AM

Oh god.... not like it matters if it goes over 2000 posts. There's plenty of threads well beyond 2000.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by civicguyinva,Apr 4 2007, 01:06 PM

I think I'm even more confused. So let me see if I can get this right. People expected honda to:

have a full roll cage
5 point harness
different power plant
be A LOT lighterweight
keep it under $40
I'm assuming forget even trying to make it a daily driver since I doubt a lot of people would want to drive that thing all the time.
Everyone had different expectations on it.

- I personally don't think a full roll cage is needed, just a real roll bar instead of the roll hoops that we have.
- A 5 point harness is good for the track, but it's a no no for a street application, it reduces your movement in the car drastically which you need on a street car to check blind spots and such.
- Adjustable suspension is up to the person (I think it's more to do with the extra money you're spending on the car itself from honda as opposed to aftermarket products).
- As for lightweight, I don't think it's sufficient, cause we all could drop 90lbs or so on this car pretty quickly and easily.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Highlift,Apr 4 2007, 01:07 PM
in reply to dylan:

as most of the legendary type-ARRRR's, their aero packages have received significant upgrades. the body modifications were put on strictly for the reason to make it more competitive in a track atmosphere. as much as i would personally love to see a more powerful motor in there(k24) the f22 will provide what is necessary for a sub 2800lb car. I imagine honda looked at several options for the motor, but as you know the f20-22 is making pretty much the power its going to make with out major modifications or power adders. If this car falls under 40k, which it should, the modifications added should be sufficient. If a new motor came into play, making this car "reasonably" priced would be difficult.
I agree with this. I wasn't expecting the K24, but a little more power could be squeezed out of the f20 or f22, (in this case f22 since it's based off the ap2).

As for the body upgrades, I also agree with the other type r's, however this one is just blah. I don't mind the wing, I would look good with a mugen top . But that front end, whoa, talk about ugly, they could have done a better job on it.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:17 AM

Received 154 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by blue03s2k,Apr 4 2007, 10:12 AM
- As for lightweight, I don't think it's sufficient, cause we all could drop 90lbs or so on this car pretty quickly and easily.
yea, you dump the fat chick sitting next to you, dylan
Old 04-04-2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by civicguyinva,Apr 4 2007, 01:06 PM

have a full roll cage
5 point harness
different power plant
be A LOT lighterweight
keep it under $40
a full "cage" doesnt need to be there but like dylan said a roll bar that meets certain clubs requirements would have been nice. also a non powered soft top to keep it as something we can drive daily. make the 5 point harness optional. i know most of us wont use it but its still nice to have for those fridays at the track. a powerplant is just something i wished for.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by 3AFL S2K,Apr 4 2007, 01:17 PM
yea, you dump the fat chick sitting next to you, dylan
You got it, that stupid fat hoe slowed me down.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was expecting 450bhp, naught-to-60 in 3.9 seconds

Quick Reply: #$#@*& 98th Official Hard at Work Thread $#@($*@ (