Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

Group Price on LoveFab Tuning in Hawaii

Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group Price on LoveFab Tuning in Hawaii

Aloha Everyone,
First of all, I'm brand new to this forum (I don't own and S2000), but I'm a regular on some of the other forums like NSXPrime and the BMWForums (E46fanatics, m3forums.net, bimmerforums) by the same screenname "bonhamsurf".

Anyways, I have a 1991 NSX that I'm about to a LoveFab Turbo Kit on, and Cody Loveland, the owner of LoveFab Motorsports is also one of the best S2000 guys that I'm aware of.

I'm getting together a group of people who might want their car tuned, in person, by Cody at the beginning of March. THe more people I get, the better price for everyone involved.

You have to be running AEM EMS on the car or will need to get in installed. ANyone interested? Post here, or PM me. Also, for more specific questions, you can contact Cody yourself at lovefabinc@gmail.com
Old 01-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

what kind of pricing are we looking at? no base map price? re-tune price? will there be dyno fees involved? which shop? thx!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by bouford
what kind of pricing are we looking at? no base map price? re-tune price? will there be dyno fees involved? which shop? thx!
It all depends on how many people sign up. My intentions are to see if Rad Motorsports will give us a good Dyno rate since I know them pretty well, and they have the only 4wheel drive dyno on Oahu that I'm aware of.
Number of people depending, Cody said he's looking to get around $1000/day based on a 12 hour day, so I would assume that breaks down to $83.33/hour plus whatever dyno cost we negotiate.

I'm not a tuning expert by any means, so for specific details, I'd suggest asking Cody directly. lovefabinc.@gmail.com. I will also send him a link to this forum and the others to get him tracking the questions.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:40 AM

Lovefab seems to be doing well. Proved my previous opinion of them wrong.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Boss-S2K
If you do some searching, Cody Loveland and Lovefab has ripped off many people. He no longer stands by his turbo kit. Terrible customer service. Subpar tuning compared to others.
In fact his kit wasn't even that great, there probably wasn't one sold that didn't crack within the first year.
Thanks for the heads up though, I'd rather recommend to pay a bit extra and wait for AMS.
Not hating, just letting people know who they're going to be letting tune their car; essentially determining its life.
I'm curious where this comes from. On the NSX forums, he's been a little late on some projects after the Pike's Peak race, but his quality of products, tunes and builds have been impeccable.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do some searching, Cody Loveland and Lovefab has ripped off many people. He no longer stands by his turbo kit. Terrible customer service. Subpar tuning compared to others.
In fact his kit wasn't even that great, there probably wasn't one sold that didn't crack within the first year.
Thanks for the heads up though, I'd rather recommend to pay a bit extra and wait for AMS.
Not hating, just letting people know who they're going to be letting tune their car; essentially determining its life.

Ripped off? Definitely not. "Ripping off" implies taking peoples money without shipping product. We sold 46 GT1 systems, and ALL of them made great power. We had several issues with the GT1 manifolds, which were discontinued due to the cracking issues. It was a one in a million turbo placement that caused excess vibrations, which killed the MATERIALS of the manifold, hardly the welds alone.

I have always stood behind my products, and still offered a Lifetime warranty to those original purchasers who had issues. Several of them upgraded to GT2 turbo manifolds at no small expense to us, which have enjoyed a huge rate of success since their 2007 introduction.

Please don't "jump on the bandwagon" like so many S2000 owners who had absolutely nothing to do with the customer experience.

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tinker219
Originally Posted by Boss-S2K' timestamp='1358962841' post='22286606

Ripped off? Definitely not. "Ripping off" implies taking peoples money without shipping product. We sold 46 GT1 systems, and ALL of them made great power. We had several issues with the GT1 manifolds, which were discontinued due to the cracking issues. It was a one in a million turbo placement that caused excess vibrations, which killed the MATERIALS of the manifold, hardly the welds alone.

I have always stood behind my products, and still offered a Lifetime warranty to those original purchasers who had issues. Several of them upgraded to GT2 turbo manifolds at no small expense to us, which have enjoyed a huge rate of success since their 2007 introduction.

Please don't "jump on the bandwagon" like so many S2000 owners who had absolutely nothing to do with the customer experience.

Thanks.
I've actually went back to most of the topics I've seen complaints from. And it seems you've resolved them nicely. So you are right, I shall hop off the bandwagon. Hm, I didn't doubt you did quality work, everyone knew that. Just needed work as a business, seems that's been improved also. Actually had no idea you had a "GT2" kit out.
Alright, I shall revoke my previous statement.
Best of luck to you.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tinker219' timestamp='1358964294' post='22286655
[quote name='Boss-S2K' timestamp='1358962841' post='22286606']

Thanks.
I've actually went back to most of the topics I've seen complaints from. And it seems you've resolved them nicely. So you are right, I shall hop off the bandwagon. Hm, I didn't doubt you did quality work, everyone knew that. Just needed work as a business, seems that's been improved also. Actually had no idea you had a "GT2" kit out.
Alright, I shall revoke my previous statement.
Best of luck to you.
[/quote]

I'm glad to see a good resolution here. I've been a member of the NSX forums since 2007, and I've only seen great things about the quality of Cody's work, and as I've just finished building a new website for him, I've had the chance to do business with Cody outside of the car world, and he has only been 100% honest and professional. If I didn't trust his quality, I wouldn't be using him to replace my entire engine and do a turbo kit on my dream car.

Soooo. back to the reason I started this thread. Anyone wanting to get their car tuned?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:50 AM

I am finishing my build around that time. I might be down depending in prices.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:38 AM

Ok, I will keep updating the thread as I get more people. Since I'm not a regular on the S2K forums, are there any other forums besides S2ki that you guys suggest I post this on? Mahalo

Quick Reply: Group Price on LoveFab Tuning in Hawaii