Hawaii S2000 Owners S2000 Owners in Paradise Hawaii Owners

how did steve's dyno day go? any luck?

Old 02-20-2003, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how did steve's dyno day go? any luck?

did u find a place to run your car? i am sorry i couldn't answer the phone the second time you called. i wanna see some figures if you get them. maybe i can take you to the place and watch . oh wells give a call this week if you want to go. i am usually free in the mornings, so call me then. laters.
Old 02-20-2003, 02:20 AM

What's this??? You're going to dyno your car and you didn't help install my Hondata gasket yet?
Old 02-20-2003, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought this was in a couple of weeks?
Old 02-20-2003, 03:21 PM

Well, I went to that shop, and they aren't even open yet. I talked to Marcus, and he said it would (should) be set up in a couple of weeks. Maybe when I get back from Las Vegas. I wanted to run it again for 2 reasons.
1.Now that I've got the alarm installed, I want to get the Mugen ECU, and wanted a fresh baseline to compare the gains.
2.With the new Hondata gasket/insulator in place, my car felt like it definitely picked up lost HP after sitting in traffic and relatively hot temps yesterday (mid afternoon). It felt strong and I wanted to see if it was just my butt-dyno fooling me or not. Unfortunately, the first place that I dyno'd my car in Kailua sold their DynoJet, so I couldn't get it done at the same Dyno/shop. The readings probably wouldn't have been consistent anyway, since the last time I put my car on the dyno was last year March.

Rick, I'm up for help with the install anytime. Especially since this time, it won't be on my car
I picked up the special u-joint/combo socket (12mm) from Snap-On yesterday, so I'm pretty sure it will be easier to do this time around.
Colin, Mike, are your hands sufficiently healed for Round 2?
Old 02-20-2003, 06:39 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by smccurry
[B]Rick, I'm up for help with the install anytime. Especially since this time, it won't be on my car
Old 02-20-2003, 08:23 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rstark
[B]
Does your car still bog in traffic?
Old 02-20-2003, 10:13 PM

Man, I bought a new MAP sensor, reset the ECU, and took off my front grill. It seems like the problem is getting worse for me. Everyday, I get stuck in afternoon traffic. I know if I take it into Honda, they won't be able to do anything, but I guess that's my only hope at this point. I was considering getting the Mugen ECU since I've talked to others that said the problem went away after they swapped out the ECU, but at that price, I don't know if I want to take a chance. Hurry up and get your ECU so I can try it out for a day!
Old 02-21-2003, 09:38 AM

if you guys want any help with the gasket install i am free to help. i have a lot of snap on tools. maybe even $5000 worth retail of tools. and plus i have nothing else to do with my time. i was on hondata.com the other day and realized that they make the gasket for my car as well. i was gonna wait till i could get the mugen thermostat and mugen fan switch before i did the install. how did those parts work in your car steve?

steve? which place did u go to? i know the place in mapunapuna has had their dyno up and running for a while. hmmmm. i dunno.
Old 02-21-2003, 12:07 PM

Round Two? Who's next?
Old 02-21-2003, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by LOT-TECH
if you guys want any help with the gasket install i am free to help. i have a lot of snap on tools. maybe even $5000 worth retail of tools. and plus i have nothing else to do with my time. i was on hondata.com the other day and realized that they make the gasket for my car as well. i was gonna wait till i could get the mugen thermostat and mugen fan switch before i did the install. how did those parts work in your car steve?

steve? which place did u go to? i know the place in mapunapuna has had their dyno up and running for a while. hmmmm. i dunno.
Cole: I would highly recommend that you get it. To be honest, I don't think you have to wait to get the cooling mods, though I guess it's always better to be safer than sorry. After installing the Hondata gasket/insulator, I can sit in traffic with the A/C running, and the engine response is still crisp. Usually, it will start to feel like it's lagging, or not as willing to run. This is not to say that the engine will never heat soak again, but in the limited stop-and-go traffic that I have run into, my car would have already been running like a dog.

The shop that you sent me to is called "Endless Garage". Their dyno is up and running, but the owner said that they weren't officially open yet, and that they were planning to cut the exhaust vent soon, so the cars (and the workers) won't be ingesting the exhaust fumes created during the runs.