UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Honda UK S2000 Alignment Bulletin

Old 01-19-2002, 05:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Honda UK S2000 Alignment Bulletin

Here's the actual bulletin, showing the original, and new recommended alignment figures. It's just over 100kb for modem users - heavily compressed, but you can ready everything.

-Brian.
Old 01-20-2002, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Brian, I think a phone call to my dealer might be in order.

Am I right in thinking that because its a TSB we can get it done under warranty, or will we have to pay for this???
Old 01-20-2002, 01:30 AM

Brian

Thanks for posting the bulletin

I have viewed it but I am unable to print it in a size that fits A4 and is readable.

Where can it be found, Is there a way of printing off a readable copy from your post.

Need this as i will not be going to a Honda dealer for the alterations.

Many thanks

Sean
Old 01-20-2002, 02:16 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SeanW
[B]Brian

Old 01-20-2002, 02:20 AM

Ross: This isn't a recall - its a bulletin. Bascially a recommendation to align pre MY2002 cars to these new UK specs. You aren't required to do it, neither is the dealer. I'd suggest speaking nicely to your dealer. If they charge you it's ~
Old 01-29-2002, 10:42 AM

For the curious my car is now aligned to the new specs. I've noticed quite a difference. There's quite a bit more grip, especially at the back. The car is also a little more eager to turn in, and feels a bit sharper. This is based off driving on the same roads as I've driven on with the other alignements (original banana, and old specs.).

I haven't provoked the back out yet, but I have adjusted the line with the throttle as I normally do.

Overall, it'll probably wear tires quicker due to the increased camber, but it gives an even more on rails feel, while still be adjustable. I like it

-Brian.
Old 02-03-2002, 11:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My car is going in to Geo Collins Honda tomorrow to have the 055 clutch parts fitted and the hood adjusted so that it retracts properly.

I have also asked them to perform the 2002 steering / suspension geometry alignment mods.

Is it reasonable for me to ask for a print out of the completed alignment?
Old 02-04-2002, 12:29 AM

Originally posted by ianl
I have also asked them to perform the 2002 steering / suspension geometry alignment mods.
These are updated chassis settings, not necessarily the same as the MY2002's. Unless someone's had dampers from both on a dyno...
Yes! You should get a printout. The alignment equipment can supply one. It will show you how the car was aligned, and the results afterwards. You can never get a car 100% spot on, so it'll show you the little differences in your car. Also comparing the results with the bulletin will let you confirm that the car has been aligned to the newer recommendations. My car was aligned after the bulletin came out, but was initially aligned to the old recommended values.

-Brian.
Old 02-04-2002, 12:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by bmarshall

These are updated chassis settings, not necessarily the same as the MY2002's. Unless someone's had dampers from both on a dyno...

Yes! You should get a printout. The alignment equipment can supply one. It will show you how the car was aligned, and the results afterwards. You can never get a car 100% spot on, so it'll show you the little differences in your car. Also comparing the results with the bulletin will let you confirm that the car has been aligned to the newer recommendations. My car was aligned after the bulletin came out, but was initially aligned to the old recommended values.

-Brian.
Many Ta's Brian

I'll post back with my experiences later in the week!
Old 02-04-2002, 01:36 AM

Ian,

if they have the correct equipment you should get a graphical printout with red/green boxes showing the alignments that are in tolerance (green) and outside (red). It should have two sections the top being the before and the bottom being after.

When they did mine their computer still had the old tolerances and settings in it so afterwards it appeared that the new settings were outside tolerance however the guy who did them sat down with me and explained why they were red and we went through them against the 02 bulleting to make sure they were all correct.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Honda UK S2000 Alignment Bulletin