UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Honda UK S2000 Alignment Bulletin

Old 02-04-2002, 02:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by UKjasonm

Ian,

if they have the correct equipment you should get a graphical printout with red/green boxes showing the alignments that are in tolerance (green) and outside (red). It should have two sections the top being the before and the bottom being after.

When they did mine their computer still had the old tolerances and settings in it so afterwards it appeared that the new settings were outside tolerance however the guy who did them sat down with me and explained why they were red and we went through them against the 02 bulleting to make sure they were all correct.

Good Luck
How does your car feel with the new settings on it Jason?
Old 02-04-2002, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ianl

How does your car feel with the new settings on it Jason?
I cant say ive noticed too much difference but the car was well aligned to begin with, it still snaps quickly when provoked enough as I found out on my last track day.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:50 AM

Originally posted by UKjasonm
, it still snaps quickly when provoked enough as I found out on my last track day.
Ah yes, I remember reading all about that (you will be pleased to hear!) - I was rather hoping that that was 'before' the new alignment. Bugger!
Old 02-04-2002, 03:10 AM

At the risk of sounding a complete pleb - what exactly do they do when altering the "settings"??

And keep it simple!!!

Also......does it involve laser wheel alignment?
Old 02-04-2002, 03:25 AM

Originally posted by stevenleith
At the risk of sounding a complete pleb - what exactly do they do when altering the "settings"??

And keep it simple!!!

It does involve a laser alignment jobie but other than that Im not sure
Old 02-06-2002, 05:13 AM

And keep it simple!!!

I'm having a few problems with this alignment/settings change. The local dealership say they can't do cos they haven't got the technology, but "the garage next door might be able to".........

Should this be done at Honda and should all dealerships have the technology to do this??
I really need to know what this involves so i can speak to the Honda dealer with some kind of knowledge on the matter - cos they certainly don't seem like they have any!

Brian??!
Old 02-06-2002, 05:22 AM

Steve, in my experience the sh#t fit fitter brigade can make things a lot worse if you trust them to do an alignment.... Its well worth getting recomendations from satisfied punters before letting anyone loose on your alignment. Are there any other Honda dealers near you who may have the expertise? Failing that any good performance tuning centres?

Not all dealerships are equiped to do alignment work and they will send the car down to the nearest tyre centre - not guaranteed to meet OEM spec in my experience
Old 02-06-2002, 05:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stevenleith
[B]I'm having a few problems with this alignment/settings change.
Old 02-06-2002, 06:00 AM

Should this be done at Honda and should all dealerships have the technology to do this??
I really need to know what this involves so i can speak to the Honda dealer with some kind of knowledge on the matter - cos they certainly don't seem like they have any!
The allignment process is quite detailed and must be carried out in the correct order. I wouldn't trust it to anyone who didn't have access to the manual. I believe that some of the guys on the main board tried to have alignment done and found that the computer on the equipment did not have the settings for the S2000. It should be possible to check the alignment without the computerized equipment, but it would probably be a long process, as every measurement has to be checked after making each adjustment.
Old 02-06-2002, 06:29 AM

My car is in having this (amoungst other things) done at the moment. It is with Geo Collins Honda, Nr. Hailsham, and they seemed quite sure of what needed doing (they are, however charging me

Quick Reply: Honda UK S2000 Alignment Bulletin