Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

First time S2K Owner checking in

Old 05-13-2019, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time S2K Owner checking in

I told myself that I would make a post about this car the week after picking it up but college got in the way but now that my semester is over I can finally sit down and talk about it. It all started when I randomly checked through craigslist in what I think was late November, I saw this car forsale and immediately started fantasizing about owning it. Fast forward a few months and I am on a one way flight to Dallas to pick it up. I jumped back and forth on weather I should buy this car because almost everything was replica and it had 168k miles on it but honestly it isn't that bad. The past 3 months with this thing have been fantastic and I finally understand why everyone loved these cars. A big reason I chose this car was because it had a lot of tasteful(ish) mods done to it and the entire head was rebuilt along with being machined.

Ever since buying it, I have done the following; replaced the crappy NRG steering wheel with a Key's Racing Flat 350mm Buckskin steering wheel (meant to order leather but I literally ordered it in class lol), replaced the crappy 3 year old lug nuts (I know LMAO) from volk racing with Muteki SR48 Open ended lug nuts, replaced the worn out diff mounts with Innovative Diff mounts, replaced the transmission fluid, replaced the differential fluid, and replaced the engine oil of course. I ended up hitting a ladder on the highway so I had to weld my test pipe to my exhaust and I had to take my diffuser off to get it fixed but other than that, it's just been a fun 3000 miles and I look forward to many more. Yes this is my daily but only for a few more months.

I have big plans for this car which includes making it look a lot more OEM

Here's the mod list:

EXTERIOR:
-Voltex Street Front Bumper with the Carbon Lip
-Depo Tail Lights
-Carbon Fiber Mugen style hardtop
-Seibon Carbon Fiber Mugen-Style Hood
-Carbon Fiber mirror covers
-Forbidden USA side skirt extensions
-Forbidden USA J's racing Style rear diffuser
-BC racing coilovers with upgraded swift springs 12k front 12k rear (extreme low drop kit)
-Muteki SR48 Open Ended lug nuts
-Varrsoen ES2 wheels (18x9.5 +38 front and rear)

ENGINE:
-Comptech Air Intake matched with wrinkle black intake manifold
-Invidia Q300 Exhaust
-Berk test pipe
-APR Carbon Fiber coil pack cover
-Voltex Carbon fiber cooling plate
-Brushed metal cross member cover
-Steel Hood Dampers
-Complete secondary air pump delete
-Ballade Sports Billet TCT.

INTERIOR/AUDIO/ELECTRONICS:
-Scorpion Alarm
-Kenwood Stereo
-Key's Racing 350mm steering wheel with NRG hub
-CR weighted Shift Knob

Yes I plan on replacing a lot of stuff on this car with genuine parts and YES I KNOW I BOUGHT A BUILT CAR, you don't need to tell me that lol.

Nonetheless, I look forward to doing a complete makeover on this car later in the year when I am much less busy but for now it is just my daily.

Pictures:

Last edited by as.kew; 05-13-2019 at 06:01 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 05-13-2019, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some more pictures that are more recent:

Old 05-14-2019, 02:38 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Looks good, nice find. Welcome.
Levi