Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Formal introduction time!

Old 11-18-2022, 02:23 PM

Received 419 Likes on 319 Posts

When I’m just driving point A to point B, I’m usually in sixth anything over about 45. I’ve never noticed any real drone and I don’t see a benefit to higher revs when I’m just putting along.
The following users liked this post:
A.O. (11-19-2022)
Old 11-19-2022, 03:38 AM

Received 151 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Drone is present in every aftermarket exhaust system. And right about where you hear it.

All the maintenance recommended by the dealer is good to do but you can do it easily especially in that mammoth garage. Recommend a small lift (similar to QuickJack) or at least high jack stands for most chores.

Have no clue what a "spool valve" might be.

Maybe the shop has language issues? I'm sure the "rear difference service" refers to the differential. This is listed in the maintenance schedule in both the Owners Manual and Maintenance Manual (which you downloaded earlier this week). Required differential oil is listed in the Owners Manual.

Yes, you will want to change the brake and clutch fluids. And the antifreeze. Change the engine, gearbox, and differential oils. Photo essays for all are in the library here. Investment in tools is minimal. Use the specific Honda S2000 oil filter.

Sparkplugs are pre-gapped. Unscrew the old, screw in the new. 10 minutes.

Valve adjustment is a Saturday morning job. Putting the car on a low lift or jack stands will save your back.

Discussions on all these tasks -- and materials (like "what's the best engine oil") abound. Take your time and read read read.

Recommend you draw an engine oil sample to send to Blackstone Labs. I use a premium full synthetic 5W-30 and only change my oil when they tell me to.

-- Chuck
So a lot of this maintenance has been done by the previous owner, he did not have receipts just records of what was done, he is a car guy and with talking to him I believe what he said he did. My Harley I recently sold had almost 100K on it and it was only in the dealer for the first 1000 mile check up all the rest I did myself. here is his list, the car has 117,500 miles on it now. And yes it has a Honda filter.

Maintenance at 105k
-Brake/Clutch Fluid Flush
-Clutch Slave and Master Replaced
-OEM Honda Brake Pads
-Trans Fluid Flush
-IACV Cleaned
-Sparkplugs
-O2 Sensor Replaced
-New Serpentine belt and pulley bearings
-New Continental ECS tires (225/255)
-Alignment

Maintenance at 110k
-Injectors Cleaned and New Seals
-Fuel Filter Assembly Replaced
-New Valve Cover Gasket & Sparkplug Tube Seals
-Valve Adjustment

Maintenance at 115k
-Differential Fluid Changed

So I will go through and check things but mostly it seems good. And I will look into some sort of lift cause no way can I fit under this thing! I'm not a bad wrench and have a pretty good set of tools although I'm going to have to expand my metric stuff for sure.
Old 11-19-2022, 04:30 AM

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,000 Posts

Looks like you have a good handle on this!

I find a lift like this invaluable for my maintenance tasks. Lifts high enough that I can sit (mostly) upright under the car. (Photo taken at a former house.)

-- Chuck

Old 11-19-2022, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
Looks like you have a good handle on this!

I find a lift like this invaluable for my maintenance tasks. Lifts high enough that I can sit (mostly) upright under the car. (Photo taken at a former house.)

-- Chuck

Yes I need to track something like that down for sure, but gee wiz, I just spent all my money on a cool car! I'll get there!
Old 11-20-2022, 10:27 AM

Received 3,812 Likes on 3,033 Posts

By the way what does A.O. stand for/signify?
Old 11-20-2022, 10:33 AM

So I got an aftermarket key fob for $26.99, Honda wanted $300. It came yesterday, I programed it today and it took in the first try. works the locks, the trunk release, and the panic feature! I am pleased!

This one if anyone is interested.
Amazon.com: Car Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote fits 1997-2001 Honda CR-V / 2000-2009 Honda S2000 (E4EG8DJ) : Automotive Amazon.com: Car Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote fits 1997-2001 Honda CR-V / 2000-2009 Honda S2000 (E4EG8DJ) : Automotive
Old 11-20-2022, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by robb
By the way what does A.O. stand for/signify?
So years ago when I got my new Harley (see picture) one of the guys I rode with said.. Well now you are all "Agent Orange" and it just kind of stuck!

The following 2 users liked this post by A.O.:
Bama Dave (11-22-2022), robb (11-20-2022)
Old 11-20-2022, 06:03 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I learned from a great thread here and you might want to consider rear axle nut re-torque, diff fluid, engine coolant.

Of course, check suspension bushings, transmission and engine mounts, and there might even be spring spacers still.
Old 11-22-2022, 10:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I suggest you get some copper anti-seize and use it sparingly on the spark plug threads. Don't get it on the spark plug gap.
Larry
Old 11-22-2022, 11:56 AM

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,000 Posts

OEM spark plugs are listed on the Specifications page of your owners manual. Choice of two.

Do NOT use anti-seize on new plugs as they're factory coated with some magic thread juju. Gap is factory set (that's the 11 in the part number). Torque is 24 (twenty four) pound-feet. (Updated 10 years ago.)

-- Chuck

Quick Reply: Formal introduction time!