Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Hey all! New S2k owner, long time Honda.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey all! New S2k owner, long time Honda.

New S2k, lifelong honda owner.

Just purchased about a month ago my 2005 ap2 stock with 28k on it. Very happy. Silverstone. etc etc...I am very happy with it.

I totaled my 02 ep3 si (type r replica +mugen, only missing engine) a few months ago, and when I say totaled, I mean nationwide didn't want to pay for my type r parts I had insured on my policy (I guess they didn't to deal with it). I bought it back for $1100 and will fix it and give to my father as a daily at some point. Then I bought an 05 legacy gt, and it killed me on gas (made 320whp) and was boring to drive, so I bought one of the cars I'd wanted for as long as I could remember. Found my s2k for the right price and condition and jumped on it.

here's a shot of the car.

also a shot of my ep3 and the 86 si autox/track toy (both my father and I's toy) from import alliance 2012 in NC.

I am also building an s13 scca time trial/time attack/lapping car right now and my father and I are building a mugen gt4/5 replica 87 crx period correct racecar as well.

Anyway, figured I would say hi and that I hope to meet some people and become a face on the boards.

I am a moderator on ephatch and old member on redpepperracing
Old 03-30-2013, 05:40 PM

Welcome!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:46 PM

I'm also on Red Pepper and am somewhat familiar with the infamous kakabox, definitely quite the machine.

My dad and I both own first gen rex's his is a 86 Si and mine a 87 hf, his screen name on Red Pepper is Smokescreem if you recognize him

You should be very happy with your purchase of a s2k, after driving the Si that we have maintained for 20 years and the s2k they are really a breed of their own.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:49 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

and welcome...
Old 03-31-2013, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by niick
I'm also on Red Pepper and am somewhat familiar with the infamous kakabox, definitely quite the machine.

My dad and I both own first gen rex's his is a 86 Si and mine a 87 hf, his screen name on Red Pepper is Smokescreem if you recognize him

You should be very happy with your purchase of a s2k, after driving the Si that we have maintained for 20 years and the s2k they are really a breed of their own.
When the kakabox went up for sale we just had to jump on it, all of the custom group buy parts on it we had sitting on the shelf waiting for my 86 build (when i found a suitable chassis) and this was just too good of a price to save me all the time and money of building a very similar car. plus Jay was very happy to see the car go to us. we have already continued moving the build forward. today my father is finishing up a battery disconnect with a rear externally mounted pull and an inertial fuel disconnect (so if it rolls or crashes it shuts off the pump) and a nice charger plug for the little battery it has. We also have put in better seats and a nicer harness we had sitting around. I also put on a set of perfect mugen mr05s that had only seen one set of tires in their lives. We plan to run the car in the ohio mile event this summer. see what sort of speed it will do in the standing mile. probably get it out to mid-ohio for a track day and maybe a few autox events.

Awesome, I think I recognize the name, my father is on there a lot more than I am at this point. I am redsibaron there too (rpr is where the name started back in 02/03) and my father is buford on there.

my first car was a red 86 si hatch which was retired with 365k on the clock, still have it along with my fathers 85 dx hatch he purchased new. we also have an 87 crx si that is on a chassis rotisserie being turned into a gt car. very slow process us living in adjacent cities the past 8 years.

I am so incredibly happy with the s2k, I've wanted one ever since I drove an ap1 back in 2004.

being from alabama, do you know Wes Gamble from muscle shoals? he's oldschoolimport on rpr and also has a red d16 swapped 86 si. good friend of mine and fellow moderator on ephatch.

thank you all for the welcomes
Old 03-31-2013, 08:40 PM

We are in the same boat on having parts stored up waiting for the next car haha

We have a jdm ZC black top engine with trans waiting to find a good candidate 86 or 87 Si chasis Crx to put it in. The 86 and 87 Si are direct bolt on so no modification will need to be made to fit. We've considered using an 85 for the recessed headlights look and making it work, but not sure yet. Also have two jdm zc hoods, although one is on my father's ride, some other rare aesthetic parts that don't come to mind. He really keeps a much better inventory check than I do haha

Have you seen the posting for the 86 Straman posted in the classifieds? We're exploring that as an option as well for the transplant

Definitely post a pic up with the mugens installed when you get a chance!

We've owned the 86 for longer than I've been alive (I'm just short of 20 years of age) so I've grown up with the thing. It will be a cold day in hell when you pry that one from the family haha

My s2000 story is a little lack luster, I had just managed to spin a bearing on my first car (2002 Celica GT) and was wanting something sportier. While looking at autotrader I wanted to check EVERY make from EVERY manufacturer to make sure I found the perfect car for me. I had no idea what a s2000 was and fell in love at first sight. Needless to say, after searching through every online outlet for about 3 hours a day for an entire week I found my perfect car. 2002 with 36k on the odom. I've put 20k on it in a year commuting to class but damn do I love every mile hah.

The name definitely rings a bell, but I can't say I know Wes for certain.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:48 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0vSsksxdQM

https://plus.google.com/photos/11833...145?banner=pwa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-4woT2BdfA
Old 04-01-2013, 02:40 PM

Hey man welcome! Be sure to stop by the Ohio section sometime!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by niick
We are in the same boat on having parts stored up waiting for the next car haha

We have a jdm ZC black top engine with trans waiting to find a good candidate 86 or 87 Si chasis Crx to put it in. The 86 and 87 Si are direct bolt on so no modification will need to be made to fit. We've considered using an 85 for the recessed headlights look and making it work, but not sure yet. Also have two jdm zc hoods, although one is on my father's ride, some other rare aesthetic parts that don't come to mind. He really keeps a much better inventory check than I do haha

Have you seen the posting for the 86 Straman posted in the classifieds? We're exploring that as an option as well for the transplant

Definitely post a pic up with the mugens installed when you get a chance!

We've owned the 86 for longer than I've been alive (I'm just short of 20 years of age) so I've grown up with the thing. It will be a cold day in hell when you pry that one from the family haha

My s2000 story is a little lack luster, I had just managed to spin a bearing on my first car (2002 Celica GT) and was wanting something sportier. While looking at autotrader I wanted to check EVERY make from EVERY manufacturer to make sure I found the perfect car for me. I had no idea what a s2000 was and fell in love at first sight. Needless to say, after searching through every online outlet for about 3 hours a day for an entire week I found my perfect car. 2002 with 36k on the odom. I've put 20k on it in a year commuting to class but damn do I love every mile hah.

The name definitely rings a bell, but I can't say I know Wes for certain.
oh excellent, we are currently trying to track down a zc to do a major build on. i understand on the parts, we are way overstocked on everything. i think we are up to like 8 complete ew4s and 6 trans for our crx racecar build.

first car i ever rode in was my fathers 85dx hatch that he bought new, so i think the year i was born. I understand the lifelong rpr type people

MY s2k story is even more lack luster than that haha. I just bought it because i wanted it ha.

ya wes isnt too common on the rpr boards, more of a lurker and long time 1g/3g owner.

Originally Posted by leedy5s2k
Hey man welcome! Be sure to stop by the Ohio section sometime!
definitely will. already met an ohio guy at columbus cars and coffee a couple weeks back.