Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

I can't fit in an S2k but I want one so bad

Old 03-28-2006, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't fit in an S2k but I want one so bad

I'm about 6'3, and very lanky. I tried to buy an S2k last summer but when i wentto test drive i couldn't turn the streeting whell because it was pressed againstmy legs so hard. I've been told that none of them have a tilt steering wheel which sucks. Is there any drivers out there who are my size, and how did you make it work. I was thinkign maybe a racing steering wheel would help but idk how much. Thanks for any feedback, i just want to get into one of these cars so so bad.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A racing steering wheel would probably help a little bit because its flat on the bottom like the ones on the VGS S2000's

Although I don't know if it'll help you enough to get it so driving is comfy.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:35 PM

i've been reading and people are saying that i can get a racing seat and some new lower rails for the seat. does any one know where i can find these rails at and how much lower it would actuallybe. a couple inches with the steering wheel the rails and the seat would make all the differance in the world for me. thanks for your comments
Old 03-28-2006, 09:19 PM

I'm 6'3"....mostly legs (very lanky). As you can see by the picture below, I drive a 350z.

My good friend has an '06 S2000 which I have driven on a few occasions. While it is not exactly a cadillac, I fit pretty comfortably in it.

See if you can get back in one and tinker around with your positioning a little bit. I'm sure there are people out there taller than us who have one.
....c'mon all you tall drinks of water out there, chime in and get this guy to buy his car!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 04:24 AM

Thank you for your enthusiasm about our car, and sorry I could be more helpful.

But, lots of people here have lowered the seat with success. Here is the info about it, please have a look.

And here is the tread about aftermarket seat. You'll find out what seats fit our car and what rail they use. If you waist more than 34", you might have problem, though, have a look.

Hope you can find a solution, inthe end, it's only you to decide if you can live with it in a long run or not.

Good luck!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 6'3" and fit snugly in mine. I think if I were a couple inches taller I'd have some problems, but right now, I fit fine. Try sitting in one again and mess around with the seat adjustments some more. I know there are members here who are 6'4"-6'5" and drive theirs with no problems...
Old 03-29-2006, 09:29 AM

I'm just about 6'3" and have a fairly broad build. I fit ok in my S2k. I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't fit in it.

The only tricky part now is getting in and out while trying to carry stuff like food.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:30 AM

I'm 6'2 and weigh 180 pounds... so I'm pretty lanky too. I fit perfectly fine in my S2000. Maybe it's not ideal for road trips or anything but I've been on plenty of hour long drives and haven't had a problem with comfort.

Try and get in another one and just drive it around for a while, mess with the seat adjustments, and I'm sure you can find a way to make it work if you REALLY want one. Good luck
Old 03-29-2006, 09:53 AM

I'm 6'1 or 6'3 depending on my posture. I had my stock seats for the first year and went to buckets after and I probably would not go back. It help a lot because I spike my hair and it does not touch the top with the bucket seat.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:01 AM

I'm 6'4" and I do fit, but my legs are pretty close to the wheel, close enough that I cannot heel-toe which is frustrating. Also in order to see stop lights I have to hunch over or if the top is down, sit up real straight so I can see over the windshield frame.

I have been seriously thinking about doing the seat mod to lower the drivers seat, but it is kind of ghetto.

Quick Reply: I can't fit in an S2k but I want one so bad