Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Just a Guy Who Loves this Car...

Old 12-01-2008, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a Guy Who Loves this Car...

Hey all,

I'm probably gonna start lurking on this forum like crazy so I figured I'd hop in and say hello.

My brief story:

Basically, I've had a liking for S2000 for awhile, and fell in love with it more recently and am completely determined to get one sometime. However, I'm currently in college and despite having a job both at school and at home, getting enough cash to get a used S2000 isn't about to happen anytime I'm afraid...

I'll be completely honest... This would be my first car, which I'm sure some of you would discourage. When I say first car, I mean the first car I would own myself, as oppose to using family cars and whatnot. But still, I'm afraid I'm in love and not a lot, barring a horrific test drive, which I think you'll agree won't happen, can change my mind. However if you have anything to weigh in on this, please feel free, as the soonest I'd buy a car would be six months, with the longest being... Well, about two or three years.

Anyhow, that's my life. As far as the S2000 is concerned at least.

Brief auto history for lulz:
-Audi A4: I miss this guy dearly, it got sold off about a year ago.
-Honda Accord: The thing I drive the most nowadays.
-Volkswagon Phaeton: No comment. This is a freaking tank.
- Lexus Something-or-Other Sedan: Also a tank. But that's probably because I compare everything to the A4.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:21 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

and welcome....
Old 12-04-2008, 11:40 PM

welcome to the site! :]
Old 12-05-2008, 12:14 PM

lol, FIRST CAR (for yourself)... man, thats how i got my s2k... n ill be honest, its a HELL of a feeling welcome to the forums!
Old 12-06-2008, 07:20 AM

Welcome to the site.
Originally Posted by Knolly,Dec 2 2008, 01:01 AM
However if you have anything to weigh in on this, please feel free
You asked... be patient, learn all you can, then buy yourself a graduation present
Old 12-06-2008, 10:44 PM

hey bro,

we're in exact same situation...although i love my first car dearly (in my sig) i think i would like the S a little more. i have 2 1/2 more years of pharmacy school left but i just can't wait that long. but worst comes to worst i will but hopefully we both can get one soon!
Old 12-09-2008, 05:46 PM

ive always wondered what the Volkswagon Phaeton's were like...

i guess im in the ssame situation as thug lyfe
probably gotta wait till next winter for mine

but hey longer wait cheaper prices:]

i wonder how many people there are like us on this board
Old 12-10-2008, 06:04 AM

I hear ya. Took me 6 months of saving commissions and a lot of sacrifice to by a S. Be patient, get your degree, and buy the right one...not the first one. Good luck!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:46 AM

Why would anyone discourage you from getting an S2000 as a first car.... go for it bro!

This isn't like bikes where you're some n00b asking whether it's a good idea to start with literbikes right away...

The S2000 is RWD so it's a proper sports car, dealing with oversteer is probably the only thing you're not used to, but look at it this way... back in the day almost all cars were RWD and somehow the human race survived! LOL!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe,Dec 6 2008, 11:44 PM
hey bro,

we're in exact same situation...although i love my first car dearly (in my sig) i think i would like the S a little more. i have 2 1/2 more years of pharmacy school left but i just can't wait that long. but worst comes to worst i will but hopefully we both can get one soon!
hey, where do you go to pharmacy school at? I go to USP. But not for Pharmacy, for Pharmaceutical Marketing.

Quick Reply: Just a Guy Who Loves this Car...