Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

New italian S2000 Owner

Old 03-18-2015, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New italian S2000 Owner

Hello everyone!

I have been in love with the S2000 for a very long time. Almost instantly as it was released I just knew how great it must be to drive one. But before I introduce you to my S2k, let me first introduce you to me:

I'm a 21 year young italian guy living in the Alps and the S2k is my second car. I was driving a '07 Fiat 500 1.2 Sport first, but it just wasn't right. I mean the car itself was ok, but the it was just lacking too much power. So I made some calculations to see if I could afford a S2k and... I could! So I looked around and I probably didn't look good enough, but we'll get to that later... I bought it together with my dad, who is a long time Porsche-lover, but the first time he drove an S2k he was sold. He drove a lot of cars and was a mechanic when he was younger, so his opinion about the car really ment much to me. And he put's it up top on his list of most fun cars to drive (just beside the Renault 5 GT Turbo).

Enough about me, here comes my treasure: I went to Milan, Italy to get a '02 S2000 with about 101.000km on it. The condition was looking ok at first glance but 2 days later I crashed into a guarding rail (VTEC + Wet road + worn rear tyres = bad combination) and we discovered a few things:
- She must've been in a crash already since the front bumper was painted (at least I think so, since the fake air ducts were painted) and the driver's side front fender was repaired (you can still see that work has been done if you open up the hood)
- The previous owner must have lost the battery holder, so the battery must have fallen off once and now there is (dried) battery liquid in the engine bay.
- The previous owner also did buy a Sprintfilter Carbon Intake, but didn't feel like changing the Air Filter, so it had some holes in it... Now it's all OEM again.
We did spot most of this, but the previous owner said it was just something minor and yeah... I kinda bought her with my heart and not my head.

When I crashed I had to change the front passenger side upper and lower suspension arm, the underfender and fender, headlight but the rest was good. Lucky me...

I learned my lesson and immediately when I got her back, I took her to a Car Safety training day and got to know my S2k better. Now I'm slowly getting more and more known to the car and I finally feel like I can handle what I have (at least below 6000 RPM for the time being).

I think I will be posting another thread about what I did fix already in the "Automotive builds" or "The S2000 Gallery" subforums. Am I allowed to post it to "Automotive Builds"?
Here is a pic of my "new hobby":
New italian S2000 Owner-zearcrd.jpg
(The hardtop color is slightly off, you can see it clearly at night (Strangely the Hardtop and the A-Pillar have the same color...). I am still not quite sure what kind of silver I even have here, maybe one of you guys can help me out?)

Anyway I just wanted to say hello to everyone and since I'm an awful lot on reddit as well, I'll post a tl;dr too:
tl;dr: 21 from the Alps, bought a '02 S2k, crashed it, fixed it. Still needs work done.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:36 AM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome

The alps are beautiful and have lots of great driving roads. Be safe out there!
Old 03-18-2015, 05:22 AM

Hello & Welcome!
It looks like a moonrock grey to me!
Thanks for sharing your story great write-up, reads well!

Wet shouldn't be a problem but worn tyres?
You can spin with only 40km/h if you have crappy tyres on a 90 degree turn.
Don't ask me how i know!

Happy VTECing
Old 03-18-2015, 06:10 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Welcome! Yes, you should be able to post it to the Automotive Builds section. Keep the rubber on the road and the shiny side up!
Old 03-18-2015, 10:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome.

Check out the link in my signature.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:48 PM

Sorry guys for the Italian language.
Ciao e benvenuto.
mi raccomando trattala bene ...
Io vivo in florida da 6 anni prima vivevo a Firenze.
ho una 04 rio yellow pearl con 23000 miglia ancora e' da sciogliore, modifiche per ora non sono tante ho solamente scarico+collettori J's Racing senza catalizzatore sound quando e' in Vtec e' qualcosa da paura....poi non molto tempo fa ho comprato cold air intake della comptech (icebox).... la maccchina va alla grande dovrei solo fargli la centralina,cmq sono contento x ora. se hai bisogno di qualcosa fammi sapere.
Ciao David
Old 03-19-2015, 02:26 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

and welcome....