Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

new s2k member intro

Old 12-25-2007, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post new s2k member intro

Hi, my name is Jin and I am currently looking to buy an s2k. I am from Seattle, Washington and I am a student and part-time medical researcher at harborview hospital. I ve heard a lot about this forum thus is why I chose to join this and I figured I would educate myself about the s2k before going out and buying the car.

Why an S2k? I drove a 2004 Mercedes-Benz C240 and recently sold it because of my experience with the s2k.(picture of my car below)

I am very much a "luxury-comfort" type of driver but after riding in my friends 00' s2k I could not get past the "convertible, engine noise revving in your ears, and THRILL-FACTOR of sitting inside one of the best cars ever to be driven on the face of this planet"

I was recommended by my friend to go out for a test drive. I was hesistant at first because I am 6'3 / 205lbs and so I didnt know if I could fit inside. So I went to test drive a 2003 honda s2000 with 13k miles at the local Honda Dealership.

I FIT IN THE CAR with some proper seat adjusting! To be honest, I felt very snug and being in the cabin space for more than a few hours could get me to become a tad bit claustrophobic but after I put the baby in first and took it for a spin..... wow.... the driving experience was phenomial and I have never in my life imagined driving an s2k could bring such joy to the driver!

So I have been on a mission to find the best s2k around my area (low miles, well kept, fair price) . I also thought winter would be the best time to get it for the right price as well.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and say MERRY CHRISTMAS and hello to all of you proud s2k owners out there! I hope to join you all on the other side very very soon.

Cheers!
Old 12-26-2007, 01:55 AM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kaddicted,Dec 26 2007, 02:34 AM
So I have been on a mission to find the best s2k around my area (low miles, well kept, fair price) . I also thought winter would be the best time to get it for the right price as well.

Cheers!
If you want a "pristine" S2K then check out the 08 models.
Welcome to the site...good luck in finding the car that was made just for you.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:46 AM

Your MB was a much different ride than the S. If its going to be your daily driver, I would try to find an AP2 (MY04+), as they have a few more creature comforts and aren't as raw as the AP1. Many places to search for a car. The sale forum here gets a regular flow of cars, also try plugging into the regional forum, Seattle has a good owners group and these people often know of potential cars before anyone. Also, don't forget about Craigslist, many members have gotten their cars there, including me. Search around this site, there is a ton of great info and knowledgable members. Good luck.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by NNY S2k,Dec 26 2007, 02:55 AM
If you want a "pristine" S2K then check out the 08 models.
Welcome to the site...good luck in finding the car that was made just for you.
NNY S2K - thanks, I will definitely need the luck in finding a well cared for s2k. I will check ou the 08 models but I ve always stuck to the rule "don't spend what you don't have"
Old 12-26-2007, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by 8_ball,Dec 26 2007, 06:46 AM
Your MB was a much different ride than the S. If its going to be your daily driver, I would try to find an AP2 (MY04+), as they have a few more creature comforts and aren't as raw as the AP1. Many places to search for a car. The sale forum here gets a regular flow of cars, also try plugging into the regional forum, Seattle has a good owners group and these people often know of potential cars before anyone. Also, don't forget about Craigslist, many members have gotten their cars there, including me. Search around this site, there is a ton of great info and knowledgable members. Good luck.
8_ball - thank you for the advice. I have been told that the AP2's are more geared towards "daily local traffic" driving as well from my friend but I really don't have a particular preference of the exact year (i did read though the sticky about all the changes throughout the years).

I have been searching on craigslist, for-sale forum on this site, cars.com, autotrader.com, local newspapers (no luck there), you name it... I probably searched all over for it.

I came across some good deals

2005 with 25k miles = $20k
2003 with 55k miles = $14K
2001 with 51k miles = $13K
2000 with 99K miles = $11k

Majority of the s2k's seems to be well kept on the outside but the condition "inside" the engine could be a different story because I don't think proud s2k owners out there drive these like a typical honda accord for any matter.

I have been searching for the past month day and night and the search continues. I might check up on the regional forums and see whats good there.

thank you, and enjoy the rest of the holiday season
Old 12-26-2007, 03:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck transitioning -- it's going to be quite a switch from your former car. My S2000 is my daily driver and I certainly would not reconsider the choice.