Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Playing Catch-up: 2001 maintenance

Old 11-13-2018, 02:34 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

YIkes. I just now saw this. Yo, Deckoz, you are one of the most important members of this forum. Sleep on this. It would be a huge loss for you to leave in the minds of 99% of the active members.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:50 AM

Received 156 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by rpg51
YIkes. I just now saw this. Yo, Deckoz, you are one of the most important members of this forum. Sleep on this. It would be a huge loss for you to leave in the minds of 99% of the active members.
Unfortunately, the damage is already done.

Im bound to being a lurker in the background now. I can't recall the posts, so.

I may decide to post again, but this pretty much killed the vibe.

@s2kys explained it pretty perfect.

I'm grown, I'm not on here shitting on other members cars, I've only commented to help make others better because I thought we all loved our S. I didn't know I'd be met with elitists on a freaking Honda forum.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:32 AM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by rpg51
^ This!!!!
Old 11-13-2018, 05:01 AM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Well this awesome thread just got useless. I obviously missed a lot of the back story. Stuff like this happens on EVERY forum, even a tennis one I am a member of. Tennis players are a weird bunch.

I think jealousy is behind a lot of it. Deckoz is a talented guy who can get stuff done no matter what. Some people just don't like to see quality work for less than they paid so ATTACK!

Last edited by IA-SteveB; 11-13-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:34 AM

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by IA-SteveB
Well this awesome thread just got useless. I obviously missed a lot of the back story. Stuff like this happens on EVERY forum, even a tennis one I am a member of. Tennis players are a weird bunch.

What I don't understand is why THIS thread was butchered. Now it is just a collection of random comments on posts that are gone. Lazy moderation if you ask me.

I think jealousy is behind a lot of it. Deckoz is a talented guy who can get stuff done no matter what. Some people just don't like to see quality work for less than they paid so ATTACK!
I'm on the same tennis forum you're on. But that's an entirely different beast. This doesn't compare to the anus of the internet that place is.

@Deckoz please stay and rejuvenate your wonderful thread with new stuff. We may have similar inspirations, but most of us definitely don't have the skills like you do.

I was watching the Castlevania anime series on Netflix (Damn good show if you were ever a fan of the games as a kid), and they did a thorough representation of the church burning "witches" for practicing science. So this is what it looks like in the modern civilization.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by S2kys
An elitist cuckold gave Deckoz a hard time about his $50 replica poly AP1 lip that he was able to fit and finish to the point of essentially OEM quality. There's some people who flat-out do not have rep in their vocabulary, no matter how well executed. Deckoz clearly had the time and ability to make a cheap lip look amazing, and I think that sent a few people on their $750+ OEM AP1 lip or bust tirade flying off of their high horse. I shit you not some doofus was literally just putting arbitrary circles on pictures of the completed lip Deckoz posted and tried calling them waves or imperfections where there was literally none. There's some really scummy people on here who typically have nothing good to say....It's a select few individuals who's name keeps popping up in threads with nothing but snarky ass comments and throwing shade. Losers.
Who's the member? Tag him for me, I'll make it fun for him/her.

$50 replica part on a ~20year car, and that member gave @Deckoz a hard time? OH please, that's called financial sense and making the best of what's available. People are giving @Deckoz a hard time for using inexpensive but equally functional parts? Homeboy please.

Whoever that idiot is, if his/her starter goes out, s/he BETTER buy OEM Honda, factory fresh starter. Not a rebuilt or off-brand like what ANYONE would buy from an autoparts store.
Old 11-13-2018, 08:54 AM

I had to update a thread I had posted in which Deckoz had given some tips. It looked like I was having a nice conversation with myself.
I just don't get the lazy moderation ruining a lot of threads with the click of a mouse. Oh well. All forums aren't moderated with a high degree of professionalism.
I'm really disappointed. There's no question who was being uncivilized top quality a-hole, and who was doing everyone a favor by sharing his progress with his beautiful work. I don't blame deckoz for taking the high road.

But I do blame him for being such a indecent human being. Don't rep New York man, cause I met a lot of New Yorkers, some of which are in my circle of friends, and they don't behave themselves like you did. They're all decent, well-mannered, human beings. What happened to you?

Unclebobby.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer, this was a great thread, so much useful info. Sorry to see you go.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by jtgray10
Bummer, this was a great thread, so much useful info. Sorry to see you go.
We can all thank unclebobby for that.
Old 11-13-2018, 10:08 AM

Received 156 Likes on 114 Posts

It looked like I was having a nice conversation with myself.
I just don't get the lazy moderation ruining a lot of threads with the click of a mouse.
Sorry, meant no offense to you, Steve. I used a Python crawler to rip through them, it deleted everything that wasnt locked from the userPosts portion of my control panel.

I honestly don't want to offend anyone, however, I chose not to leave anything behind, so that I also don't get other responses to my posts in my absense.

Sorry, if I've left our conversations open ended.

Quick Reply: Playing Catch-up: 2001 maintenance