Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Prospective / New Owners, Look Here

Old 11-15-2005, 05:43 AM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Prospective / New Owners, Look Here

Hi folks,

As moderator of this "Introductions" forum, it's my goal to help you folks get knowledgable about the car and the site in as painless and friendly a way as possible.

HondaGal, our s2ki membership director, created the following thread in the S2000 Talk forum, and I invite you all to read through this: Newbie Guide Brainstorm (just click on the underlined text, known as a "link"). It will probably raise questions for you, so feel free to ask! That's what we're here for!

I'm going to work to bring this information to you in an accessible format, probably by compiling a thread that links to many other threads around s2ki.com to explain each subject. Bottom line, there's a ton of "stuff" to know about our cars, and the more you know the better (I guess that's the engineer in my talking! ).

In the meantime, many owners have tossed in their ideas of what a new / prospective owner would need or want to know. If you have any thoughts on this, feel free to add to this (current) thread or post in the other thread.

Edit 23-Nov-2005: Oh, BTW, folks, I don't think our Introductions forum is appropriate for any form of advertising, and as such I will remove any such threads from the forum. Sure, feel free to ask about a vendor (I consider that reasonable), but don't try selling anything here. If you have any questions about what I'll permit, just PM me (click on the PM button under my post), and I can help advise you on what to do.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Chaz, I am very new to this "reply" portion of the Forum thing. So if I say or do something wrong it is probably just stupidity (hopefully no to many mistakes). For almost 2 years I eavesdropped on a lot of peoples comments here. This "voyeurism" at the S2000 inspired me to finally purchase mine (yesterday). Blue on Blue, like yours, great minds think alike. I am also getting the front spoiler and rear wing. Should get those next week.
Thanks for the welcoming comments. I find this site and forum very informative.
Scott
Old 12-30-2005, 05:39 PM

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Glad to hear it, Scott. You are one of many who just cruises the threads and doesn't participate.

Now that you got your new MY05.... CONGRATS! and hope to see you participating.

Any questions, just ask away.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:15 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Chaz - s2ki MEMBERS are free to advertise their own second hand things in the For Sale Forum. Commercial advertising is not permitted anywhere on the site, except by Sponsors, if someone is interested in sponsorship, the information is on the s2ki homepage https://www.s2ki.com

Old 01-13-2006, 02:35 PM

So I can't tell everyone about my super fabulous strip club in this thread? Man, you guys are strict.

Yes, I'm kidding.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:09 PM

You can IF they are second hand strippers!
Old 01-16-2006, 09:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ALL stippers are second hand ... some even require a third hand : ) jk

don't worry ... 3 different friends of mine each got me the "I strippers" shirt for a reason. heh heh
Old 05-06-2007, 03:45 PM

hi there,
Im new here but not new to car web forums.
I work at an acura dealership and had the opportunity to drive a customers 06 S2000. Well that one little trip around the parking lot did me in. I WANT ONE!

I would probably be looking at the 00 - 03 as that is what would be closest to my price range. What should I be looking for? Are there questions that I should ask? Are there things that I should look to see if its a nono or a yes YES!?
Old 05-06-2007, 06:24 PM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by LauraC,May 6 2007, 07:45 PM
hi there,
Im new here but not new to car web forums.
I work at an acura dealership and had the opportunity to drive a customers 06 S2000. Well that one little trip around the parking lot did me in. I WANT ONE!

I would probably be looking at the 00 - 03 as that is what would be closest to my price range. What should I be looking for? Are there questions that I should ask? Are there things that I should look to see if its a nono or a yes YES!?
Well, you're in the correct forum - start reading the sticky FAQs and you'll learn a lot about the car, you'll see the buyer's checklist, and lots of other info. Plus, you can ask people here.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:48 AM

Hi Alex here i should have mine soon.

Quick Reply: Prospective / New Owners, Look Here