Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

thanks for accepting me

Old 06-18-2018, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks for accepting me

finally got my dream car, 08 S2K machine , 2 weeks ago and now I am in big troubles, so i need someone's help please.
it all started with my head ligths dimming and non of the ligths were as bright as the first nite I took the car around town , so i took the car to the auto parts store and the check the alternator and they say it was work i g properly and then the check the battery and they told me that it was trash , took the car home ,park it on the garage and went out of town for a week, when I got back it wouldn't start , so i took the battery out and one and got a new one.
and now it's when it gets scary ( for me, after all the stuff I saw in the internet ) so I get back home installed the new battery and magic everyligth looks like day one , now I tried to start the car and engine will turn but I have a green key on the dash , that blinks , try again car won't start and again and it won't start I check battery terminals they are tight.
try again nothing , so i open Google and it all leads to be the immobilizer, and the only solution is taking it to the dealer and getting a new key and a new ignition , I am freaking out how can a battery swap can do that. I'm freaking out I don't even want to know how those two parts are gonna cost me , so does anyone happen to have any idea besides the dealer how it can be solve , and why would the car do such a thing???? please help my email is n_robelin@hotmail.com my name is Nico .
please help me guys .I want to go enjoy the beautiful nites on the country roads with the roof down please please.
I took me two years to save the money and months looking for a car in good shape , and now all my dreams are broken.
any help will be deeply appreciated , Thank you in advance.
thank you
Old 06-18-2018, 10:12 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome!
Do you have another key to try with? I would also try to charge the battery.

About the lights dimming problem: If the car was running and lights were not bright you won't fix this with new battery. Something is wrong in electrics. Probably on battery charging circuit.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

car came with only one key , and the battery in the car is brand new .
it just doesn't make sense , all I did was replacing the battery and know the car won't start and has I said the green key in the dash is blinking and everywhere it says that it's the immobilizer so I will need to take it to the dealer to get a key and the part where you insert the key.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:23 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

New battery doesn't mean it's full. I would check battery voltage first.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:44 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 06-22-2018, 08:38 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

As mentioned, if you saw low voltage while running, it had nothing to do with your battery. The battery being trash in that case would be a symptom of the charging system not working properly.

Do you have access to a voltmeter? If so, charge the battery get the car running if you can and read the voltage across the battery leads and let us know what it is. Try this with the engine running and no accessories on. Then turn on the blower fan at high speed and turn on the headlights and see what changes on the meter.
Old 06-22-2018, 09:19 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

I'd point towards the alternator. Take it off and have autozone test it.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:30 AM

Received 1,193 Likes on 926 Posts

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff
I'd point towards the alternator. Take it off and have autozone test it.
And then never consider buying the replacement from them .... better off, go somewhere else to have it tested :P Not an Autozone fan personally ... but most parts houses will test them free of charge.

I prefer Napa if I want a parts house with people that actually know something about a car and not just how to look up part numbers on the computer. Oreilly next, but they have started going downhill in that regards.. Autozone in most of my experiences has people who know little but think they are experts, which is worse than knowing nothing. I know some results will vary, but I have not seen much I liked about them. I will buy oil there if it is on sale.