Introductions Make your introductions to the S2000 owner community. Discussions and comments from new and future S2000 owners. You will get a warm welcome, friendly and helpful advice. The 'Start Button' of the forums.

Warning! Don't buy a S2k from SCKars!

Old 04-28-2012, 05:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning! Don't buy a S2k from SCKars!

I flew out to Cali to buy a 2005 S2k from Southern California Auto Sales in Jan, 2012. I get to the dealership and after a long flight and they tried to switch the price on me. I looked at the car and it was definately not as described and the employees there seemed very shady. The ad(which I still have) said the " car was "clean as the day it was purchased new from the dealership", which it wasn't!!!! The roof had holes in it and the car had a few dents. When I opened the hood, I noticed the washer fluid resavoir was removed, which in my mind I thought the car was raced and someone wanted to save a few pounds of weight. Also, the 17" AP2 wheels were switched out to 16" AP1 wheels and the alignment was all jacked up. I brought all this up to the sales manager, Mike. I left the car there for them to fix it. I came back 2 days later and they seemed to have fixed everything except the wheels. I got a good price, so I took the car. When I got the car to Denver, I noticed a small amount of fluid in my garage. I took it to the Honda dealership and they told me there was a crack in the oil pan. I immediately called Mike at SCKars and he told me I had to take it back to Cali(1100 miles away) so that their mechanic can look at it. I fixed it out of my own pocket and not 2 weeks later the clutch, flywheel, and motor died. I contacted Mike again and he basiccally told me tough sh*t. I'm in the process suing them. This place sells about 5 S2k's a month, so don't get ripped off by these guys. I'm flying out to Cali soon and I will be standing outside the dealership in a lemmon costume with a sign letting people know that these guys rip people off. If you Google them, like I should've, you'll see similar reviews of these guys. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch, you got burned. Per reading their reviews, they advertise cars they don’t have, so I doubt they sell that many 2sk’s per month.

I’d be sure to contact the local BBB. Unless they sold it with a written warranty, you purchased it as-is.

Do you know what is wrong with the engine?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:14 PM

check out there s2k with integra interior... here
Old 04-28-2012, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by emphany
check out there s2k with integra interior... here

Thats painful to see! Throw integra seats, civic steering wheel/air bag, civic shift knob and then sell it with out telling the buyer? I am going to email and pretend I am interested...
Old 04-28-2012, 08:49 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

This dealer is local to me. I believe they have two locations... one in Stanton and one in Fullerton. If anyone has been looking for an S2000 in socal, you're guaranteed to find 70% of the sales ad on craigslist and autotrader are from SCKars.

They're the shadiest of the shady.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:48 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm disgusted that people still have to ask ... there's a new post about them once a month which makes me go
Old 04-28-2012, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by GSteg
This dealer is local to me. I believe they have two locations... one in Stanton and one in Fullerton. If anyone has been looking for an S2000 in socal, you're guaranteed to find 70% of the sales ad on craigslist and autotrader are from SCKars.

They're the shadiest of the shady.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!
I found them on CL. They had 6 S2k's on the lot and one blue CR broke down in the back. I bought at the Fullerton location. I'm putting ads on CL telling people not to buy from them. My S2k won't stay on and dies after 5 min of driving. The oil turned black after 2 weeks. My shop did a oil analysis and said there was copper in the oil. I'm not that knowledgable about cars, so I don't know what it means. Please help me get the word out and put these a$$holes out of business!!

Thanks guys
Old 04-29-2012, 01:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't stand SHADY A$$ people. I suppose we all can start by posting bad reviews about this place in all car forums, YELP, FB, etc.. This people needs to be shut down.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:18 PM

i passed by their fullerton lot before, and they had some HIGH ass prices.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:44 PM

Holy F***!!!!!! 15499 for a MY05 with 95k miles! And with seats that are worth 2 dollars and a steering wheel from the early 90's. And why does it seem that most of their ap2's have ap1 wheels?

Quick Reply: Warning! Don't buy a S2k from SCKars!