JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

F24 Build

Old 10-29-2007, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is awesome, keep the info coming!
Old 10-29-2007, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by slipper,Oct 29 2007, 04:09 AM
nice. overbore?

BTW why is this in the JDM section?
I'm guessing because there's no NA section.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:14 AM

Thanks everyone. I will be happy if I can put down 275whp but it's yet to be determined if that's overly optimistic. I'm only planning on revving it to 8k. And I haven't decided what type of fuel management to use. I originally thought about an EMS and I have also heard good things about Emanage Ult but now that Hondata has released a K-Pro I am really thinking about that.

As for overbore, I decided to keep it stock. I've kinda kicked myself over that because after I bought my pistons, I found out that Mahle makes them .25 over which I don't think would have been pushing the FRM lining too thin but it's a moot point now. And I don't know why I posted it in JDM, I guess it seemed a little more at home here instead of just under general discussion.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:22 AM

Very nice man...can't wait to see the results

As for your engine management, do it right and get the EMS or Hondata...you definitely don't want to go cheap on this, as all your hard work could go down the (very expensive) drain.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:59 AM

Is that block guard safe, and or necessary??
Old 10-29-2007, 11:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like its going well. Keep us updated. And don't get over optimistic with numbers. 275 is attainable with quite a few mods, but don't worry about numbers.

These stroker motors really shine in the low end. Forget needing to shift out of 6th when you want to pass someone

Again, good luck, let us know.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kenstyle,Oct 29 2007, 03:22 AM
My only concern w/ this kit is there appears to be a good amount of custom work involved, such that the performance and reliability of the 2.4L will ultimately depend on the shop's work.
theres actually not much custom work. Just shave flat the area where the flywheel bolts to the crank, shave the rods a little thinner, and notch the block. It'll take a real jackass to screw it up. The positive is that your using OEM components.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:53 PM

looks cool. subscribing. Keep us updated. imma try it after ya if it goes well.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Silver9k,Oct 29 2007, 11:34 AM
Looks like its going well. Keep us updated. And don't get over optimistic with numbers. 275 is attainable with quite a few mods, but don't worry about numbers.

These stroker motors really shine in the low end. Forget needing to shift out of 6th when you want to pass someone

Again, good luck, let us know.
I'm not caught up in the numbers because of the low end increase. I keep getting asked how much power it will make but I don't have an expectation.

As for the blockguard, they're pretty safe. There are coolant holes predrilled in them and they are not welded into the block, like I have heard people say. It's an inexpensive way to strengthen the open deck design of the cylinders compared to resleeving.

I am not going to go cheap with an ecu, I have just heard good things about the Emanage Ult. I still have some work to do before I need to choose.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kial007,Oct 29 2007, 02:04 PM
I'm not caught up in the numbers because of the low end increase. I keep getting asked how much power it will make but I don't have an expectation.

As for the blockguard, they're pretty safe. There are coolant holes predrilled in them and they are not welded into the block, like I have heard people say. It's an inexpensive way to strengthen the open deck design of the cylinders compared to resleeving.

I am not going to go cheap with an ecu, I have just heard good things about the Emanage Ult. I still have some work to do before I need to choose.
I get a lot of how much more power does it make? Too...but honeslty right now I don't know, I plan to go do a little dyno tuning on Wednesday and find out. But Honestly I don't expect to be over 230whp anymore. If I am, awesome, and can it be? Yes, I made 263whp on Autowave's tune, but it was so aggressive that the motor burned up in 3 days. I'm running it safe now, I just want reliable fun.

Quick Reply: F24 Build