JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

JDM AP1 Headlights

Old 02-19-2013, 12:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Ya I saw those a while ago... they had a few scratches on the lenses it looks like, thats why I didnt pull the trigger. I bought them just now though... I'll jus buff the shit out of them and get them looking brand new I guess.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Yeah they look like they are in good shape just need a little TLC
Old 05-22-2013, 02:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by andanotherone
Are they adjustable?

I just moved my USDM AP2 to Japan. I had to purchase JDM AP1 (more affordable) lights because the actual projector beam is opposite. They were direct plug and play. The beam shape itself is not adjustable. It is designed in the projector. You could get away with JDM lights in the US but not USDM in Japan because I don't think anywhere in the states inspects cars like they do here. USDM is like __/-- and JDM is like --\__ , It will probably just annoy oncoming traffic.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:10 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

You get these and I hope that everyother a hole on the road is constantly flashing their brights at you all night long.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:12 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by davidc1
You get these and I hope that everyother a hole on the road is constantly flashing their brights at you all night long.

You could simply adjust them so you're not hitting oncoming traffic.

EDIT: For clarification, you can adjust the height of the beam, not the shape.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by davidc1' timestamp='1373033427' post='22648595

You could simply adjust them so you're not hitting oncoming traffic.

EDIT: For clarification, you can adjust the height of the beam, not the shape.
Which, by definition, you cannot adjust them to avoid oncoming traffic. The shape of the beam rises above 10ft to the right or the left (for US or JDM respectively), so you tell me how you can lower it enough to avoid oncoming traffic.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:38 AM

Like I said, you angle the driver side down. It's not perfect, but it's certainly better than just blinding everyone on the opposite side of the road. Even then, I can't think of a freeway that the walls are not high enough to block the beam from hitting oncoming traffic. Really, the only time you're going to be hitting people with the edge of the beam is on surface streets, from a distance.

If you really wanted to you could bake the headlights open and swap the projectors out with those from the USDM versions. Then you get the JDM lights with the USDM beam pattern.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Feezy
Like I said, you angle the driver side down. It's not perfect, but it's certainly better than just blinding everyone on the opposite side of the road. Even then, I can't think of a freeway that the walls are not high enough to block the beam from hitting oncoming traffic. Really, the only time you're going to be hitting people with the edge of the beam is on surface streets, from a distance.

If you really wanted to you could bake the headlights open and swap the projectors out with those from the USDM versions. Then you get the JDM lights with the USDM beam pattern.
This is so freakin' stupid I can't begin to tell you. Do whatever the f you want, as long as it doesn't bother anyone else. And this does, I don't car how much you adjust it, it's gonna bother oncoming traffic. Are you telling me you can't ever see the headlights from oncoming traffic? If you can see them, they can see you. Duh. Then, if you lower the beam enough, they aren't helping you see any better. Just fing grow up.

Done.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best bet is to order the clear/smoked diffusers from Ricks. They are back on sale!
Old 07-08-2013, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by davidc1
Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1373312317' post='22653649

This is so freakin' stupid I can't begin to tell you. Do whatever the f you want, as long as it doesn't bother anyone else. And this does, I don't car how much you adjust it, it's gonna bother oncoming traffic. Are you telling me you can't ever see the headlights from oncoming traffic? If you can see them, they can see you. Duh. Then, if you lower the beam enough, they aren't helping you see any better. Just fing grow up.

Done.

Wait, so swapping out the projectors wouldn't solve that problem? It's funny how you don't even address the one solution that I provided that would completely solve your problem. If you don't want the JDM headlight then don't buy them. It seems pretty simple.

I understand what you're saying in regards to bothering other people, but if you want to play that game go start finger pointing at loud exhausts, test pipes, turbo kits, or any other number of modifications that people do to their cars that could potentially bother other people.

You feel the need to troll so have at it. Direct whatever you want at me, I don't really care. I was here answering questions and providing information to people.

Done.

Quick Reply: JDM AP1 Headlights