JDM Tuning Expert advice and discussion on JDM tuning for your S2000.

T1R 70mm Titanium Exhaust

Old 04-23-2007, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T1R 70mm Titanium Exhaust

whats goin on guys i need some advice on a problem i have with my exhaust system. i have a t1r 70mm titanium exhaust and i was experiencing some rattling back near the muffler. it sounded like it was inside the muffler but i wasnt really sure. about a week after the rattling started, i was driving with a friend and all of a sudden i look back and theres a load of sparks shooting out of the back of my car. i pull over right away and notice that the inside of the muffler is red hot and there is about a quarter sized hole in the bottom of the muffler. im thinking that the inside of the muffler broke apart and caused it. what im trying to figure out is if aj racing will warranty their workmanship of the exhaust and supply me with a new one. i bought the exhaust used from a member on here, which is another problem that im trying to figure out. any advice or insight on the situation would be greatly appreciated...thanks a lot, joe.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:05 AM

good luck with your situation, wish i could shed some light.

my only advice is o get the full name of the person who you bought it from, then contact dickson at A&J and see if that person did infact get it through them, then see what they say
Old 04-23-2007, 10:33 AM

hm thats weird, a local member who purchased my old 70RT from another member i sold it to is having the same problem with the rattling issue. From what ive been told it sounds like the packing inside the muffler is blown out. I tried to call dickson the day i found out but i guess he had stepped out. Maybe someone PM aj-r and see if there is some insight to the situation?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Funktional09,Apr 23 2007, 10:33 AM
hm thats weird, a local member who purchased my old 70RT from another member i sold it to is having the same problem with the rattling issue. From what ive been told it sounds like the packing inside the muffler is blown out. I tried to call dickson the day i found out but i guess he had stepped out. Maybe someone PM aj-r and see if there is some insight to the situation?
thats exactly what im thinking it is..seems like a defect from the factory. i need to get a hold of the guy i bought it from but his pm box is full..
Old 04-23-2007, 11:13 AM

i know that rattling your talking about! its actually the 2 springs that hold the exhaust together that rattle against the mid pipe. just get some heat wrap and wrap the section where the springs are and put the springs over top of the heat wrap. you will lose the rattling sound. i have the 70RT aswell and i have never experienced any other problem with it.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by JDM_PANDA,Apr 23 2007, 11:13 AM
i know that rattling your talking about! its actually the 2 springs that hold the exhaust together that rattle against the mid pipe. just get some heat wrap and wrap the section where the springs are and put the springs over top of the heat wrap. you will lose the rattling sound. i have the 70RT aswell and i have never experienced any other problem with it.
nah man, i had the car on the lift and its no where near the mid pipe. its definitaly coming from the muffler.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:57 AM

Yeah the local member is running them without the springs. I do too the springs are useless they just make noise and eventually snap off on their own anyways.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is all very interesting as I wanted to buy Chris' (Funtional) exhaust a while back but held off. If I'm not mistaken, Amuse has had similar problems with rattles. I imagine it's hard to get the inside material of a muffler to bound with Titanium outer material of the muffler?? Good Luck on what happens and I hope AJR can refund you. If they do, I'll buy a 70RT, if not, I'll be shopping J's 70RR or back to the uber expensive Amuse R1000.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Banned

i am running the 70rt as well...i had the same problem as well...but just becuz the spring on the b-pipe is broken... after i change it....i don't see any problem so far...and i believe u can talk to dickson or ben to give u some spring to try it...
Old 04-24-2007, 03:51 AM

I used T1R 70 RT and i didnt experience any problems with it. The only problem was , small springs on the exhaust fell off couple of times . But i got another springs tightened them better and replaced them.

Quick Reply: T1R 70mm Titanium Exhaust