Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS partial Vortech V2 SC kit. 7k miles.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs down FS partial Vortech V2 SC kit. 7k miles.

Name Ryan
Location Central FL
Payment paypal (+3%) or cash in person
Contact PM

Probably keeping this but I will leave it open just in case.

Selling as is since it is used and not a complete kit. Still can piece everything together and have a really cheap Vortech SC kit!!

Well just got this in the mail but I don't really have the patience to piece together the missing parts.
This kit has all the main components except for the fuel pump.
It is the V2 supercharger. I bought it from the original owner who put 7k or less miles on it.
I have never installed it or anything as I just got it in the mail today.
No shaft play at all.

Comes with supercharger, aftercooler, bypass valve, fmu, heat exchanger with water pump, and then the 2 black boxes. I guess for timing and then for the ecu or something. Not really familiar with these kits so not sure exactly what each part is.
Also brand new Walbro 255 fuel pump, 2 black aem couplers, 4 T bolt clamps, 5/32" vacuum hoses,1/4" vacuum hoses fuel lines and 10 clamps for fuel line.
black coated intake arm with filter and hardware for it to make custom intake setup.
During the shipping the sc pulley and the crank pulley got banged up.
The package was insured so will be getting covered as I called the USPS today and set up a claim. The seller said if they do not cover it he will so no worries with that.
The seller is also sending me a brand new cai for a custom intake if interested as well.
He forget to include the reservoir or catch can for aftercooler so is sending that out tonight as well.

The tensioner adjuster is broken so that would need to be replaced I guess or make a custom one I am told can be done as well.

I just didn't realize all the parts that are needed to make it complete when purchasing and don't really feel like taking the time.
I don't think it would cost that much money as all the expensive parts are included but just really time consuming.

I am looking for $2600 shipped for the kit as is.
This price will be with the new crank pulley and sc pulley and intake and catch can part.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bought some things to make this closer to being complete.
Bought a brand new Walbro fuel pump, AEM black couplers, 4 t bolt clamps, both size vacuum hoses needed with some to spare, fuel hoses and clamps.
All that is left I believe is the oil feed line, tensioner adjustment screw, and then little screws and washers and all.
Nothing else expensive that I know of.

I am still probably keeping this but just gonna bump it up until it is about to go into the car lol.
I am getting the blower housing and the after cooler powder coated gloss black or possibly even black chrome plated shortly as well.

Just ordered all the hardware that I know is needed from Vortech today.
This is what I ordered.

1"x2.726" spacer
M10x1.25x115 screw
3-m6x1"x80 screws
M10x1.25x50 screw with washer
2-m8x1.25x45 socket head screws
2-5/16-18x1" screws with AN washers
Belt tensioner adjuster screw
Bypass valve breather
stainless steel Oil feed line kit
2 5/32" brass tee fittings

Here are the pictures of the kit.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:04 PM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

This is very frustrating I can imagine. However, I think if you give Vortec a call and find out for yourself how much and what you need to complete this kit you will be better of installing the kit than to sell it. Trust me

Did you already know the tensioner way broken? How/what is wrong with the "damaged" pulies?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Yeah I knew the tensioner was broken.
I will probably wind up keeping this as I really do want to keep it!!!!
just get frustrated easily sometimes.

The crank pulley was broken during shipping and has chipped of pieces. I already filed a claim with USPS for that and the sc pulley was dented in on the edge of it so the belt would hit there I think.

I called Vortech earlier and they couldn't really help me that much yet.
I need to make a part list of everything I have and then they can tell me what I am missing so that should help I think. Could probably take that then to a hardware store and just buy the stuff there for much less money than buying all parts from Vortech.

Can the tensioner piece just be replaced easily? Looks like a simple thing to swap no?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:26 PM

Looks like the bolt for the tensioner is just a simple bolt. But it wouldnt hurt to get all Vortec parts. The fuel pump is simply just a Walbro 255 which you cna buy for under 100 dollars new. The crank pulley and other pulley will be replaced by USPS so I see no need to sell this kit. Just keep it!

But it sounds like the seller doesnt know how to package his stuff. The pulleys could have been avoided.

Inconclusion, the parts you need are:
fuel pump
Bolt for tensioner
Crank pulley
Blower pulley

Correct?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Yeah I need those parts but then also like all the couplers/clamps, oil feed I guess if that hose above with red section is the return like I was told it was and then all the little bolts and vacuum lines and stuff I think.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:32 PM

Looks like janky ass oil return. Are you in FL right now? Im in Fort Myers Beach with nothign to do. I could help you out and show you what you need....?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Oh sweet man yeah I am definitely down!! I don't know any car people around here or s2k people yet. I was actually there last weekend.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:39 PM

Check PMs
Old 11-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey don't think I got one.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:45 PM

Chill out! Its on its way! Also, close this thread

Quick Reply: FS partial Vortech V2 SC kit. 7k miles.