Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: Testing waters.....Exedy Hypersingle Clutch w/100 breakin miles

Old 06-02-2003, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: Testing waters.....Exedy Hypersingle Clutch w/100 breakin miles

PLEASE IF YOU DO NOT PLAN TO BUY THIS CLUTCH OR HAVE NEGATIVE COMMENTS....DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD.

Here's the deal....I just purchased an Exedy Clutch and had it installed at King Motorsports last week Friday but now I need to get rid of it for a couple of reasons...the main reason being that my wife HATES it. She cannot drive the car because the clutch pedal is too stiff for her and its affected drivability. The other thing is that due to too much backlash in my transmission the stiff damper is causing a slight gear rattle at low RPMs (2000-3500RPMs). This is not on all transmissions...as others on this board have not had this sound. The rattle is not noticeable after 3500RPMs but when my wife drives the car its always in the 3000-3500 range. Its more aesthetics than anything. The car also revs faster and smoother from the lightened flywheel with the Exedy setup. The factory flywheel, pressure plate, and disc weigh 32lbs and the Exedy setup weighs 25lbs. I have not taken the clutch past 6000RPMs yet as it needs to break in for another 200 miles. Here are some pics...

It took me about 3 weeks to receive the clutch. My loss is your gain...the clutch cost about $1200+$300 to install. I'm looking to get $950 shipped + I'll throw in my throwout bearing which has 9000 miles on it. I'm going to a less aggressive disc and Mugen Pressure plate. I'm having it removed at King Motorsports later this week and could ship it by this weekend. PM me if your interested.

Thanks!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
Here is the description from the Exedy website...

The EXEDY HYPER SINGLE CLUTCH is a new generation clutch set for light to moderately tuned vehicles up to 400 HP. The EXEDY Hyper Single Clutch is ideal for limited street driving and road circuit cars.

The EXEDY Hyper Single Clutch has high torque capacity and a special lightweight design to reduce the clutch disc inertia.

LIGHT WEIGHT & LOW INERTIA DESIGN
High friction coefficient, low wear, and a special heat resistant material (T5001) has been developed enabling clutch size to be reduced and have increased durability.
Improved durability by strong small damper disc, especially re-designed for hyper single clutch.
Disc inertia level is less than OEM for improved shift response for fast gear changes, especially in
racing applications.

DIAPHRAM SPRING TECHNOLOGY FOR LONG LIFE & HIGH EFFICIENCY
Leading technology of diaphragm spring and original design superior material using a
special heat treatment process, which will result in a high durability level, and prevent heat
deflection, loss of clamp load, and heavy pedal effort.
Long life and improved clutch operation due to original design for hyper single clutch.

STRAP DRIVE TYPE PRESSURE PLATE FUNCTION
Improved Disengagement. (Pressure plate is forcibly separated from facing surface by strap
plate)
Prevent no-disengagement problem caused by the heat deformation of pressure plate.
Prevent the peculiar rattle noise of lug drive type clutch.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:04 PM

how much sitffer is the clutch pedal over stock? I was looking into buying one of these setups in the future and might just jump at this oppurtunity. thanks!
Old 06-03-2003, 04:11 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nomolos
[B]how much sitffer is the clutch pedal over stock?
Old 06-03-2003, 04:11 AM

The clutch pedal is stiffer than stock but not objectionable (IMHO).. My wife is pretty small and petite and I think other females (with her same build) might have more of an issue with it.

To put things in perspective, I have a 1970 GMC pickup with a big block (over 500 ft-lbs of torque)....NOW that clutch is STIFF!

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:13 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yellow Streak
[B]

This is a steal.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:00 AM

ok, i'll take it.
Old 06-03-2003, 10:08 AM

Hehehehehehe .... same problem with my wife...no noise but to stiff....now she is not driving the car ...... hehehehehehehe ... all mine now :-)
Old 06-03-2003, 06:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nomolos
[B]ok, i'll take it.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:25 PM

Sale Pending....