Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

H&R coilovers

Old 08-12-2004, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H&R coilovers

looking for a set of coilovers and have always liked H&R, so the best price I found is $1050 shipped NEW?

GO FOR IT???
Old 08-12-2004, 12:17 PM

I've been interested in these coilovers. Have you had them on your car? How did they handle,how low did you drop the car, did you autocross/track with them,how was the ride compared to stock...
You would be the first to give an opinion on the H&R coilovers that I and One other person could find. Feedback appreciated. Thanx
Old 08-12-2004, 05:52 PM

I almost ordered a set from TireRack, which is $1200+. Can you post here or PM me where you get can get it at that great price?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:43 PM

the price i got was wholesale basically, so you need to setup a business account to get it.

thanks
Old 08-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Administrator

S2KI Gold Members can get the H&R setup for $1165.

No, we won't sell to you for wholesale

http://www.gofastlab.com/s2ki/customer/pro...1&cat=12&page=1
Old 08-13-2004, 11:37 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm just starting to look into buying coilovers instead of adding Konis to my Eibach Springs.

I want to hear some feedback on the H&rs from someone who has used them on an S2K

How do they compare to the Buddy-Clubs?

I hear the Tein Flex are not so hot, but I don't really know. I made the mistake of listening to an inexperienced driver regarding the Eibachs and now am alot more apprehensive to spend $1100+ on a possible mistake.

Please help if you can.
Hockey
Old 08-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Hi Hockey, it really depends on what your intended use is, how much adjustability you need, what other suspension mods are you running with (swaybars, tires, etc.), what spring rates you're looking for etc.

It's not an easy question and not a mod to take lightly. As you said, it's really easy to do more harm than good when you swap out critical suspension components such as these.
Old 08-13-2004, 01:56 PM
tru

There a guy in hawaii thats running it his sn is seksey or something like that. he doesnt come here often. i asked him about it once a long time ago he said he liked because his is a daily driver. not really sure what that means. sorry if i wasnt of any help. but if your just looking to raise and lower your car H&R are the cheapest i have seen (from reputable company anyway)
Old 08-13-2004, 02:27 PM
Administrator

The H&Rs are nice since you actually get a remote reservoir shock for the rear which gives you the normal amount of travel (unlike most of the sub $2000 coilover systems).
Old 08-13-2004, 02:28 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ludedude,Aug 13 2004, 02:17 PM
Hi Hockey, it really depends on what your intended use is, how much adjustability you need, what other suspension mods are you running with (swaybars, tires, etc.), what spring rates you're looking for etc.

It's not an easy question and not a mod to take lightly. As you said, it's really easy to do more harm than good when you swap out critical suspension components such as these.
Fair enough. I use my S as a daily driver, but don't get me wrong.............I NEED a stiff suspension. It has to be at least as stiff as stock for me to be happy. I also occasionally track the car on road coarses, but have not been attracted to auto-x. Since I have an '00, the stoack bars are pretty think, but I have also considered adding an adjustable front sway bar.

I really just want to setup the suspension and leave it. I like the 2 fingers the car has dropped since adding the Eibachs, but cannot stand the performance. I need the car to perform as well if not better than stock, but with less fender gap.

As it is now, I scrape the front strakes on swales in the road (not dips) because the springs are too soft. Some would blame the OEM struts or say they are blown, but the car has felt this way ever since I swapped springs, so I don't feel this is the case. I have been running this setup for about 6 months, and hate it.

Hope that helps us a bit,
Hockey