Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Freaky/Scary accident on 123 today

Old 04-08-2005, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freaky/Scary accident on 123 today

I saw the ing FREAKIEST and SCARIEST thing today... on 123 close to Georgetown pike today a tree had fallen. This tree was HUUGGEE. It was in someones yard but when it fell, it was all across one side of 123. It covered both lanes of 123 west and came into the median/grass or whatever. That whole side of 123 was closed off and they had traffic diverted over to the other side of the road so 123 east had traffic going both ways, one direction in each of the two lanes. And the tree hadn't fallen from the bottom where it meets the ground, it had snapped much higher, so that should give you an idea of how huge this tree was...

Now thats not the scary part... The scary part is that it had fallen on a car... This car was COMPLETELLYYY destroyed. I'm not sure but I think it was a Toyota Matrix. The tree went right through the car. Any branches had gone straigh through the car all the way to the bottom. This tree was so big, but no matter what car you were in, it would've destroyted it. Anyone in the car had definitely not survived... My friend in my car told me that he actually saw just some legs... It was REALLY scary what had happened. As I was driving by I actually saw a bunch of cops and VDOT was on the scene cutting the tree so they could get to the car...

It was just surreal... seeing something like this. It's just so weird... That person/people was just shit out of luck, fate just had it in for him/her/them. I mean the speed limit at that part of 123 is 45 mph, so most people go like 50-55. Just imagine the chances of a tree that big catching someone driving at that speed like that... Hope whatever he/she/they experienced wasn't slow and painful... May they rest in peace...

Just wanted to discuss such a freaky incident...and also see if anyone else on here happned to see this...
Old 04-08-2005, 09:32 PM

No I didn't see it. Is this the answer you were looking for Naveed?
Old 04-08-2005, 09:35 PM

Answer?? What answer was I looking for?

Sorry, I'm really tired and sleepy so I don't know whats going on, lol...
Old 04-08-2005, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by BNavZ,Apr 9 2005, 12:22 AM
Just wanted to discuss such a freaky incident...and also see if anyone else on here happned to see this...
You wondered.. i answered..
Old 04-08-2005, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by 4theheckof_it,Apr 9 2005, 01:37 AM
You wondered.. i answered..
Oh Ohh, LoL..

Yea I guess that answer will do, lol. I guess it doesn't sound nearly as crucial typed up as it looked crucial when I saw it...
Old 04-08-2005, 09:40 PM

Dude, that really sucks. You sound totally freaked out, Navid. I can understand why, given what you saw.

Peter, after some of the crap I'm sure you've seen in your life, you're probably pretty desensitized to stuff like this, aren't you?

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
Old 04-08-2005, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by jnn4v,Apr 9 2005, 01:40 AM
Dude, that really sucks. You sound totally freaked out, Navid. I can understand why, given what you saw.

Peter, after some of the crap I'm sure you've seen in your life, you're probably pretty desensitized to stuff like this, aren't you?

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
Yea man, when I first saw it i couldn't believe what I saw, then like 30-45 seconds later it started hitting me and was just W T F!?!?! And now im still in awe at what it looked like... it was just so unreal...
Old 04-08-2005, 09:50 PM

Eh I guess.. I could tell you some stories though.. you haven't seen anything til you witness a guy get tossed out of his sunroof as it was flipping over... pretty neat.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by 4theheckof_it,Apr 9 2005, 01:50 AM
Eh I guess.. I could tell you some stories though.. you haven't seen anything til you witness a guy get tossed out of his sunroof as it was flipping over... pretty neat.
You actually SAW this WHILE happening? Like you SAW him fly out of the car/????
Old 04-08-2005, 09:55 PM

Yup.. I was actually on my way home from the police dept. I still had my uniform on.. sitting at an intersection. The accident happend literally right in front of me. I ended up keeping that dude stable, and had to pull the other person that was involved in the accident out of a burning car. It was a busy day for me.

Quick Reply: Freaky/Scary accident on 123 today