Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

FS: Brand Spankin' NEW PS2 Gran Turismo 4

Old 03-08-2005, 03:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Question FS: Brand Spankin' NEW PS2 Gran Turismo 4

Hey folks,

Most of ya'll know me. Those who don't?...just ask around. If you have a Sony PS2 and you don't have Gran Turismo 4, well...I have a deal for you!

See, the semi-short story is this (the story alone oughta be worth something! )... Airgate came up to visit this past weekend. So we're playing GT4. Well...he was playing it (not!) . I mean, he was smacking walls left and right like he had magnets for fenders and the sides of the road were high-grade steel! . Oh...he was driving outta control while trying to use my Logitech GT4 Pro Force steering wheel. In fairness to him, he was actually outta control when using that wheel while playing Codemasters TOCA 2 (that does not support 900-degree wheel rotation...but he was obviously trying to steer like it did! ). So, when Raul tired of that, I popped Gran Turismo 4 into the PS2. "Ready Raul?!" "Sure...but no more of that steering wheel shit... Gimmie a game controller instead!" So I did, and he jammed around on GT4 for awhile. Did pretty good too! So I decided, "Hey...let's play a 2-player game and see how GT4 does split-screen?!"

...[this is when things turned bad at w1ngman's house...]

My seat was...ooooh...I reckon about 7 feet from the PS2 as I grabbed the Logitech steering wheel laying on the floor. And the USB cord for wheel was...ABOUT 5 FEET LONG!!!! . Didn't take but a millisecond to haul my PS2 over onto the floor .

"Hmmmm...." (<= no...not Hmmm, more like MOTHER- er!!! !!!

So I boot up the PS2. Herky-jerky boot up city. Damn PS2's trashed, right? Gut says, "You're about to buy yourself a new PS2 BUB!" . Now, was I smart? Did I try OTHER games before I went down the road and bought a new PS2? NooooooooooOOOOOOOOooooooooooo. Of course not. I was sure that hit affected the PS2.

So Raul and I head out to Toys R Us. I'm buying a PS2...and think, "Hey, what if it was the GAME?!" Better buy another copy of GT4 just in case . So I return home with a new slim-PS2 and a new copy of GT4. Now, what's the riiiiiiiiiight test to do next? Well, I *should* have stopped everything and just inserted other PS2 games in my old PS2...before opening any new goodies. Know what that would have told me?...that I had scuffed my [old] copy of GT4 and that, having just paid a buncha mulah reconditioning my Racing Hart rims, I had NOOOOOOOOooooo business buying any new goodies. But that would have been an easy test. Instead, I opened the new slim-PS2 --- DAMN that sucka is smaaaaaaaaaaall! . Then I placed the old copy of GT4 in the new PS2. You guessed it...herky-jerky boot up city all over again.

Time to crack open the new copy of GT4...cuz Raul is visiting and Poindexter, Nandska and his friend were also stopping over to play this game (since our drive was blown freakin away by [wtf?]SNOW!!![/wtf?]). New game booted up perfect. Also booted up perfect in my old fatty-PS2 (of course it did... that's because the old copy of GT4 was scuffed in a few spots from the fall it took!).

....So, let me bring you to the present and why I've posted this thread. Today a co-worker lent me their CD-Doctor and I was able to remove the scuffs from my old copy of GT4. I'm fine keeping that copy. And I'll keep the slim-PS2 just because . Buuuuuuuut....but ...I don't need two copies of Gran Turismo 4. And perhaps one of you friendly folks doooooooo need a copy (and want to help a foolish Mid-Atlantic S2000 owner out a little ).

If you've enjoyed my story and you want to purchase a brand spankin new copy of GT4 for your PS2...then I'll offer my new one for $40 shipped. That's about a $12 savings. And I'm throwing in the story for free .

Seriously...anyone willing to help me out?

- Dave
Old 03-08-2005, 04:21 PM

Received 773 Likes on 463 Posts

Glad it all worked out for you (kinda)... quickee question. Did the CD Doctor fix the herky jerkiness? I've heard just regular car wax will fix some scratches (and if you think about it, it makes sense).
Old 03-08-2005, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't want the game, but I'd just like to say that I wish I could've been there to witness this
Old 03-08-2005, 05:56 PM

Yes, I recommend the CD Doctor for sure. At least with my own experience anyway. Makes sense in what it does.

Old 03-09-2005, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by dave22,Mar 8 2005, 09:33 PM
I don't want the game, but I'd just like to say that I wish I could've been there to witness this
Yea....me too.

Sorry to hear about your mis-adventures in gaming.

Old 03-09-2005, 05:33 AM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

What a freakin Drama!
Old 03-10-2005, 06:19 AM

W1ngman, you might want to think about keeping both of them if you have a network in your home Were you aware that I believe you can hook up playstations on different TV's over a LAN and if each one has a copy of the game you can play multiplayer with NO split screen?

If you look on the back of the box it says for 1-6 players We haven't tried this yet at the house so I don't know if its 2 players on 3 TVs (split screen) or up to 6 individual playstations on seperate TVs.

Just something to think about if you've got multiple PS2's and GT4's lying around

-Jeff
Old 03-10-2005, 02:33 PM

I'll buy the new copy for $40. I've been looking for a good excuse to own it.

- Jeremy (jnn4v)
Old 03-11-2005, 09:31 AM

Thank you Jeremy . Please check your PMs.

- Dave