Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Look at what this guy said about his test drive...

Old 07-14-2005, 06:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look at what this guy said about his test drive...

Earlier i was reading some threads on evolutionm.net since my bro has an evo himself so i was just looking at those forums then i run into a thread titled "Test drove an s2k.." http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?threadid=148421 thats the link he was talking about how he was dissapointed in how this car cant launch, how slow it is, how it understeers, and how he thinks his moms lexus rx330 handles much better wow how stupid is this freakin guy i even made an account on that forum just to say how stupid he was man everyone please read this i think this guy is stupid and cant drive for s***.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:05 AM

There are countless people that get it wrong, at least from our point of view.

So why should that bother us here in S2KI land?

Old 07-14-2005, 07:13 AM

I think the Evo owners did a fine job defending our cars. I was actually quite surprised to hear how much respect many of the Evo owners on that board have for our cars.

It definitely shows that they're true car enthusiats and not fan boys of their cars.

Although I almost wonder if the guy who took the car for a test drive was driving it with the spring spacers still in place ... Some of the things he describes almost make it sound like the car wasn't working right.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:34 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

At the CDC-hosted autocrosses, I love to watch the stronger Evos leave the line... very impressive.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:57 AM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

i drove a stock evo (blow off valve, and injen intake tube) and it didn't impress me as much as a sti. it pulled but it didn't continue to pull harder and harder as the rpms went up. the sti kept me planted to the back of the seat.

i'll stick with the subaru's even though they are getting to prevalent
Old 07-14-2005, 09:06 AM

i'd take the scoobie reliability over a mitsu any day of the week...but they are both fast, fun to drive cars, just like our s2ks...
Old 07-14-2005, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by LiQiCE,Jul 14 2005, 11:13 AM
I think the Evo owners did a fine job defending our cars. I was actually quite surprised to hear how much respect many of the Evo owners on that board have for our cars.

It definitely shows that they're true car enthusiats and not fan boys of their cars.

I actually read through the thread and like 90% of the people were giving the S2000 the proper respect it deserves and actually stated proper facts...
Old 07-14-2005, 09:13 AM

yea the guy who drove it didnt know how to drive it....lightly letting go of the clutch at 5500 or trying to dump it at 2,000.....its a high revving car...dumping the clutch at 2,000 wont do anything but bog the engine. I did like how some people stuck up for the car though. Hopefully people wont listen to him and just go drive one for themselves. I especially liked the one guy who mentioned its a convertible....seems to be forgotten amongst all the other facts somehow.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:20 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyCracker82,Jul 14 2005, 11:57 AM
i drove a stock evo (blow off valve, and injen intake tube) and it didn't impress me as much as a sti. it pulled but it didn't continue to pull harder and harder as the rpms went up. the sti kept me planted to the back of the seat.

i'll stick with the subaru's even though they are getting to prevalent
Dan, I'm sorry.. I was referring to the STi's. A couple that run are pretty hopped up. They look similiar to me.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:28 AM

understeer in the s....

Quick Reply: Look at what this guy said about his test drive...