Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

richmond area

Old 02-12-2012, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default richmond area

Hey guys as some of you may or may not know, i have been a member here in community since april 2007 when i bought my S.
now I am not one to be jealous or anything, but something that i have noticed for a long time and did not say anything because i was afraid that i would step on some toes. but I feel as if the people in richmond get slighted when it comes to meets and stuff, we have the SOVA part and the NOVA part, but being in richmond its roughly 2 hours away from either one. and most meets are also on a weekday, or early on a sat. so lets say that a meet is is 7 pm. or a meet is at 9 am well we can all do math on what time we would have to get ready to get there.

so i was wondering how many guys or girls are in the richmond Va area that would like to see something more happen. Now i will admit i fell off this board a while ago, but now since i am toying with the idea of boosting my S and with school being over i would like to get active in the community again.

so fellow richmonders and surrounding counties post up if yall want to start getting some meets together. if not thats cool too i guess.

again sorry if i stepped on anyones toes, like a CO or something like that.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:12 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I doubt you are.

Not a richmonder, but I feel the same. I live in the outskirts of NOVA (Manassas) and it's a hike for me to go to most meets.

I'm sure the other richmonders would be up for it or even some of the guys from Williamsburg would be also.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by ragweed316
Hey guys as some of you may or may not know, i have been a member here in community since april 2007 when i bought my S.
now I am not one to be jealous or anything, but something that i have noticed for a long time and did not say anything because i was afraid that i would step on some toes. but I feel as if the people in richmond get slighted when it comes to meets and stuff, we have the SOVA part and the NOVA part, but being in richmond its roughly 2 hours away from either one. and most meets are also on a weekday, or early on a sat. so lets say that a meet is is 7 pm. or a meet is at 9 am well we can all do math on what time we would have to get ready to get there.

so i was wondering how many guys or girls are in the richmond Va area that would like to see something more happen. Now i will admit i fell off this board a while ago, but now since i am toying with the idea of boosting my S and with school being over i would like to get active in the community again.

so fellow richmonders and surrounding counties post up if yall want to start getting some meets together. if not thats cool too i guess.

again sorry if i stepped on anyones toes, like a CO or something like that.
You maybe on to something here.

Build it...

[attachment=16153:Field of Dreams.jpg]

Attached Thumbnails richmond area-field-dreams.jpg  
Old 02-12-2012, 07:34 PM

I have no problem building it and organizing some meets.
so people from the area post up and let me know if you guys would be interested or if your ok with the way that things are right now.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be down for Richmond-area get-togethers! Back in the day, I oversaw Richmond being included in its share of well-received meets [but again...that was 'back in the day'... ]

Old 02-13-2012, 02:47 PM

yeah i know thats where i met you dave. and then we did the charlotesville drive in the moutain thing.
its Wes btw
Old 02-13-2012, 03:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup Wes...you still have your bike as well?
Old 02-13-2012, 04:23 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Harder to organize something outside of what you know. I have no beef with Richmond, I just don't know the area. To generate participation in your area sometimes it just take a like jump start. Thanks for doing this and I hope it works out as that area has been quiet for some time.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:48 PM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

There aren't really a lot of S2000 guys running around Richmond and that's the problem. I only know of 2-3 others with mods and only one of them I'm really friends with. I tend to just suck it up and make the drive down to Williamsburg or VA Beach for meets down that way. I've always been well received.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by w1ngman
I'd be down for Richmond-area get-togethers! Back in the day, I oversaw Richmond being included in its share of well-received meets [but again...that was 'back in the day'... ]

You know it's old school when you're sporting a bra!

Quick Reply: richmond area