Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

w1ngman's Home For Sale

Old 07-12-2005, 04:19 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you're not into horses, just think of how much pavement you could run around the yard for a personal race track
Old 07-12-2005, 04:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice house Dave. Best of luck !
Old 07-12-2005, 06:42 AM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

very chill house dave! good luck selling!
Old 07-12-2005, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave and Taska, the pictures show like a new house, just completed. Awesome price and great property. Wish it wasn't so far away. I would be interested for sure. And like Alex said, pave a nice roadcourse in there and we could go-cart forever... 22 acres we could put a REAL road course in...
Old 07-12-2005, 08:49 AM

Dave,
After speaking with you the other weekend at the Richmond drive I hope you were able to convince your agent on the price you want. The pictures look great. If you need any information about surrounding properties or anything in general feel free to ask and I will help in any way I can.

E
Old 07-12-2005, 09:45 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

^ ^ ^ ...Juuuuuuuuust help me find a Buyer!

Yeah, she accepted advertising our asking price of $315K. She feels we should be ~ $260-285K. I'd like for visitor/viewing feedback to guide us in that sort of decision, however. Again, I believe our price is proper for everything that this property offers. However...we are selling first and foremost towards a family that wants to stable their horses on-site. And selling to "horse folks" in general. The casual home-owner looking at this place would say, "What the hell am I going to do with that horse barn!??!" But an equestrian is thinking, "I get my horses here...in my back yard...and I can save my boarding fees of $450/horse/month! Wooo-hoo!!!"

Still, all that said, we need a buyer! . So if you come to discover any folks moving/relocating to Richmond...definitely get them in touch with my agent!
Old 07-12-2005, 10:04 AM

The house looks GREAT, Dave! Have never seen your property look so good . Good luck finding a buyer .
Old 07-12-2005, 10:06 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

That's a hell of a difference in prices. Might be worth getting a real appraisal ($400 up here) to see who is right. I hope you are right and not the agent. Sometimes it's better to list a little low to get below a psychological barrier like 300K and let the buyer move themselves up but I have no idea what the market is like down there.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I like our realtor for a number of reasons, so its not that I'm faulting her for the pricing disparity. Aaaaand, its entirely possible that Taska and I are a little high...although I feel comfortable with our asking price based on the features / offerings of this property. But the fact is...around here...a "small horse farm" just doesn't have a lot to compare to. So she's doing comps by home size, land (but typically not cleared, with established pasture, fencing, barn, etc.)...and then trying to mentally add, "what would it cost for a) cleared land, b) fencing, c) barn, etd. And she's using her figures [we think] a liiiiiitle low. Taska and I are not adverse to lowering the price. But for the features, etc. this particular property offers, and with its location so close to Richmond & West End, we really don't wish to "leave money on the table." So I've asked our realtor to appreciate our point of view...and bear with us while we await some feedback from traffic to see if we're out of our own minds, or if this is a reasonable price. So far, 2 viewings and no one has had issue with the price. Only issue has been "wants more land" than 4 acres... I can't really do much about that .

- Dave
Old 07-12-2005, 10:26 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by w1ngman,Jul 12 2005, 02:19 PM
So far, 2 viewings and no one has had issue with the price. Only issue has been "wants more land" than 4 acres... I can't really do much about that .

- Dave

One reason I suggested the appraisal was that is most likely what the buyer will be doing as well in order to carry the mortgage and it may not work at that price for the lender based on the appraisal even if the buyer agrees.

Quick Reply: w1ngman's Home For Sale