Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Welcome to Mid-Atlantic S2Ki!

Old 01-27-2017, 05:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey everyone,

I took a break from the forums so I never introduced myself. My name is Lindsey, I have an 07' Silverstone with red/black interior. I just rolled over 44,444 the other day. I've had the car for a little over a year now and it's been wonderful. I am originally from Florida and moved up here towards the end of last year, so I have been enjoying the hills and twisty roads (compared to Florida at least). I've taken my S to the Dragon twice now and hopefully this year I'll be on track. I am hoping to get some Ohlin's soon (previous owner put lowering springs on the car and it's too low now). My boyfriend, Artin, also has an S2000 as well (I'm sure some of you know him). We live in Sterling currently. Hope to see some of you around!
Old 04-20-2017, 06:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New guy on the block alert!

Whats up guys! Ive been lurking around for a bit debating to get a S2k and finally pulled the trigger on a nice Sebring Silver AP1! Either the previous owner was really good at putting the car back to stock or this guy has barely been modded and feels great for having 100k miles on it. Cant wait to get modding! Previous money dumps have been a 13 Genesis Coupe, IS250 and tC... and currently dailying a Q50. Look forward to meeting the rest of you guys.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear vibration problem - Help needed

Hi,

I have a 2001 S2000. Just reached 200,000 miles.
I installed 4 new Yokohama Avid Envigor tires a couple of months ago. Balance + 4 wheel alignment by AAA in Rockville, MD.
As soon as I drove on the Interstate - when accelerating hard and cruising over 70-75 mph, I felt a bad vibration coming from the rear.
I had the rear tires rebalanced. It did not help much.

I replaced the half shaft and had the car thoroughly inspected at a shop. They did not find anything wrong (and did not charge me for their work!).

Then, a couple of weeks ago I had the rear wheels road force balanced (AAA again). They notices a couple of flat spots. Vibrations are still there under acceleration and at speed over 65 mph. Otherwise OK.

I have the feeling this must be the tires since the problem started minutes after installation but I want to make sure before I embark in costly parts replacement. But which ones?

Is there anyone in the Potomac, MD, Rockville, MD, Frederick, MD, Washington DC, Northern Virginia... area who would have extra mounted rear wheels he could lend me for 30 minutes so I could make sure? That would help tremendously.

Thank you.

Best

Bernard Geenen
8309 Fox Run
Potomac, MD 20854
Bernard.Geenen@gmail.com
Cell: 202-230-3645
Old 07-20-2017, 10:56 AM

Hey MA Crew,

This is Eric from Baltimore, and I'm heading to PA tomorrow to pick up my first S2000, but wanted to say hello ahead of time. The car is a 2004 Sebring Silver with black interior.

I have a history of being a bit of a track junkie... I did track days, HPDE instructing, and NASA time trials with my previous car (C5 Vette). I have also been getting into W2W over the past few years with AER endurance racing and acquiring my NASA comp license.

I found this forum while doing research on the S2000 when I was car shopping (also considered a 997 911). You all have established a wealth of knowledge here, and I'm excited to join the community.

Thanks,
Eric
Old 07-24-2017, 05:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice to have you here Eric!
Old 03-21-2018, 12:35 PM

Default Needs work roof seat and clutch

I am located in eastern Pa. I have a 2001 s2000. Bought it used in 2002. White with red and black interior. Great car but it needs a new roof, plastic window shot and a couple of small tears in roof. Drivers seat worn. 131, 800 miles. Where can I get a new roof and seat in my area and How much?I have been quoted a price of $1985 to rebuild the clutch and another $465 if it needs a flywheel. I'm tempted to get the work done and keep it. Any idea what it's worth as is or after the work is done.?Any information offered is appreciated
Old 03-21-2018, 01:16 PM

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldguysrule
I am located in eastern Pa. I have a 2001 s2000. Bought it used in 2002. White with red and black interior. Great car but it needs a new roof, plastic window shot and a couple of small tears in roof. Drivers seat worn. 131, 800 miles. Where can I get a new roof and seat in my area and How much?I have been quoted a price of $1985 to rebuild the clutch and another $465 if it needs a flywheel. I'm tempted to get the work done and keep it. Any idea what it's worth as is or after the work is done.?Any information offered is appreciated
welcome! Not too sure about a new soft top but if it’s in your budget, consider a hardtop?
Old 03-21-2018, 06:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There are a couple of Mid-A S2000 owners who perform maintenance and repair work for other S2000 owners. You might have better luck getting recommendations in the Mid-Atlantic S2000 Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/midas2k/
Old 03-22-2018, 12:39 AM

Received 974 Likes on 667 Posts

He may not be in PA, but it's ot that far to Long Island. Billman is well known for the great work he does on S2000's.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:40 AM

Thanks.
Any idea of the cost and where to get one?

Quick Reply: Welcome to Mid-Atlantic S2Ki!