MidWest S2000 Club Kansas, Nebraska, the Dakotas, Missouri, Iowa, and Minnesota

Street educate

Old 03-18-2009, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street educate

Hey all!

Before I go into any of this, I understand that street racing is dangerous and shouldn't be done. So before I get flack for this post I know there's a time and a place but honestly, I didn't buy this car for the 1/4 or track.

Ok, so as some of you know, I just got my AP2 NFR last december and have yet to race anybody till this week. A neighbor of mine has a neon SRT with about 15lbs boost and I finally flagged him down to see what's up. After tons of talk and a ride in each of our cars. We decided to race. We picked an inactive frontage road across from the Hospital off 50-HWY in Lees Summit Fantastic location btw. Road was good but because nobody uses it... there was crap everywhere. So from a dead-stop start I pulled him about 2 car-lengths till about 100mph then he ran me. (believe he's new at this so his lack of traction or leaded footage killed him)

Anyway the point is. I would love to see what this stock AP2 can do up against others too but I don't know the ways to get someone to actually line-up. So I'm looking for ways to say RACE me without being a total D-bag. ideas?

Thanks!

Vectorsumio
Old 03-18-2009, 10:43 AM

Hmm, in the more than 2 years I've owned my car, I've not raced anyone. Although I did have an SRT-4 try to race me...either that or he was suddenly late for work?

The normal thing people do would be to rev next to you, but it just makes me want to admire the sound of my own vehicle, so I too will rev. Next thing I know, I go from being filled with aural pleasure to wondering why some dude is burning out through the intersection.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:49 AM

most people wont race a stock car.... if you put exhaust on it or modify it it will help.... i put a test pipe on mine and tinted the windows now i get people trying to run me....
Old 03-18-2009, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Vectorsumio,Mar 18 2009, 10:12 AM
We decided to race. We picked an inactive frontage road across from the Hospital....
how ironic...
Old 03-18-2009, 01:34 PM

i put a test pipe on mine and tinted the windows now i get people trying to run me...

but what do they do when they try to run you? Look at you, wink, flip you off... I mean what is the way they inform you they want to race?

I've gone out half a dozen times now looking for some racing but I get nothing... the times I try to start something, the others just ignore me. Even those that actually step on it and try to pull away...

I have had only one other time someone even hinted at a go... 1979 chevy 4x4... He did it by brake burning at a light and I then said, well more like yelled, "lets line em' up!" But that wasn't a race...
Old 03-18-2009, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Vectorsumio,Mar 18 2009, 01:34 PM

but what do they do when they try to run you? Look at you, wink, flip you off... I mean what is the way they inform you they want to race?

I've gone out half a dozen times now looking for some racing but I get nothing... the times I try to start something, the others just ignore me. Even those that actually step on it and try to pull away...

I have had only one other time someone even hinted at a go... 1979 chevy 4x4... He did it by brake burning at a light and I then said, well more like yelled, "lets line em' up!" But that wasn't a race...
haha well every time i've raced we just look at eachother and nod as in "lets do this"
either that or just rev or downshift... depending on if its a stop light or from a roll....
Old 03-18-2009, 09:30 PM

[QUOTE=Vectorsumio,Mar 18 2009, 01:34 PM]

but what do they do when they try to run you?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:07 PM

[QUOTE]saw you last night behind me
Old 03-20-2009, 09:42 AM

[QUOTE=Vectorsumio,Mar 19 2009, 03:07 PM]
I was trying to get you to pull over!
Old 03-21-2009, 09:32 AM

Doh!

Quick Reply: Street educate