Muppets The corner of the UK & Ireland where muppetry happens. Totally off topic, word association, useless stuff and general messing about.

Christmas Bonuses...Anybody Getting One ?

Old 12-09-2002, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by guybutler
[BNo annual bonus this year because commercial property returns have been $hite - and even though it's not my fault my bonus level is based on it !
Old 12-09-2002, 03:06 PM

My bonus is that I'm not extending my IT contract after xmas, thus can stay at home & xbox for a couple of months. The S will also not get winter gunk on it.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm self-employed (in partnership with one other) and we employ four people. We have given out Christmas bonuses in the past, but not last year and we won't be this year either. Nor could I sanction expenditure on a "do" this year. This is the quietest year we've had in the 22 years I've been in this business. My speciality is investment advice and I haven't been able, in all conscience, to make any investment recommendations to clients that would earn us any money. For almost two years it's been, "Leave your money on deposit Mr Client and I'll get back to you when I think the time might be right."
Old 12-10-2002, 01:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

At least you advice is honest Pete and you can sleep easy at night.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:11 AM

So Pete ... do you consider airhorns to be a sound investment ... ???

By the way how are the brakes ????

Old 12-10-2002, 03:42 AM

Well, for me Christmas is a bonus and the new year will be an even bigger bonus

My bonus for last Christmas was a redundancy check. Since then I have been looking for work, with no success. Therefore no employer to give me a Christmas bonus Instead I decided to move into the health and nutrition business. I have joined with the largest company and the best products in the next trillion dollar business. December will be a very busy month for me, building up for the new year. Meanwhile everyone else will be enjoying their Christmas parties, dinners and endless hours in front of the TV piling on the pounds. Come 1st January, they will be making their resolutions to lose weight or change their circumstances. Please think of me then How may I help you improve your weight or wealth?
Old 12-10-2002, 03:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S2K HTY
[B]By the way how are the brakes ????
Old 12-10-2002, 04:05 AM

Originally posted by S2000RJ
Well, for me Christmas is a bonus and the new year will be an even bigger bonus

My bonus for last Christmas was a redundancy check. Since then I have been looking for work, with no success. Therefore no employer to give me a Christmas bonus Instead I decided to move into the health and nutrition business. I have joined with the largest company and the best products in the next trillion dollar business. December will be a very busy month for me, building up for the new year. Meanwhile everyone else will be enjoying their Christmas parties, dinners and endless hours in front of the TV piling on the pounds. Come 1st January, they will be making their resolutions to lose weight or change their circumstances. Please think of me then How may I help you improve your weight or wealth?
First footing with a vengeance!

Lots and lots of good fortune

Never had a Christmas bonus
Old 12-10-2002, 04:21 AM

My firm (big commercial solicitors' practice) doesn't pay bonuses to anyone other than the support staff (secretaries, post-room, trainee solicitors etc etc). This year has been pretty hard, so I'd imagine even they might be struggling to get one this Christmas....

I still remember my first Christmas as a trainee solicitor here a few years back, and receiving an envelope with the Christmas bonus is in it - a crisp new
Old 12-10-2002, 05:24 AM

Cheers for the chat Pete. Most informative ....... I shall let Santa Know the S2000 related object to be purchased for unsuspecting owners .......... !!!!!!!!!!! (Said in a super cryptic tone)

That how I will be spending my bonus (Now its thread related)

As for the Lotus question ..... perhaps not then ......!!!!!!

Later

Hash

Quick Reply: Christmas Bonuses...Anybody Getting One ?