Muppets The corner of the UK & Ireland where muppetry happens. Totally off topic, word association, useless stuff and general messing about.

crashed!

Old 07-14-2007, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jul 14 2007, 09:27 AM
ohh dear!! were do i start! well ok it had been raining during the day and when i got home from work my mate rich asked if i fancied a trip to st helens on the pull so i got ready and on the way down to his i lost control of my S after a rounderbout! (was doing 30-40max!) and the back end slid out and span once hit the curb straight up the path and hit a tree! luckily the air bags didnt go off and i wasnt hurt, the car was still runnin so i drove to my mates to inspect the damage! looks like bonet wings headlights,bumper,radior maybe? front panel maybe? ( i couldnt get the bonet it open and if i did it certainly wouldnt close again!) plus it was dark and couldnt see much. so guys please do respect this car if you hit her she will bite back HARD! and i had only just fitted my snorkel the day before!!:,,,( so am on the look out for some parts if any body would be so kind to point me in the right direction or someone might have parts they want to get rid of? i am seing this as a oppertunity to change to the new style head lights and a diff front bumper and a performance radiator,although anythink will do right about now just want her back on the road asap!

translated into English:

Oh dear, where do I start?

Well ok, it had been raining during the day, and when I got home from work, my mate Rich asked if I fancied a trip to St Helens on the pull.

So I got ready, and on the way down to his, I lost control of my S after a roundabout - was doing 30-40 max! The back end slid out and span once, the car hit the kerb, went straight up the path and hit a tree! Luckily the air bags didn't go off and I wasn't hurt. The car was still running, so I drove to my mate's to inspect the damage.

It looks like the bonnet, wings, headlight, bumper and possibly the radiator and front panel. I couldn't open the bonnet, but if I had, it certainly wouldn't have closed again! However, it was dark, and I couldn't see much.

So guys, please respect this car. If you hit her, she will bite back HARD! I had only just fitted my snorkel the day before and now I am on the look out for parts. So if anyone can point me in the right direction or has some parts, I would be grateful.

I am seeing this as an opportunity to change to the new style headlights, a different front bumper and a performance radiator. However, anything will do for now because I just want to see her back on the road asap.
Probably not an appropriate time to take the piss.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:31 AM

some people need to get a life!, if you havent got any thing constructive to say please dont reply aint got time with perthetic punctuation and grammer right now! as am well pissed off and your not helping to be honest. ste if you fancy coming through the tunnel by all means give it a blast hehe but unless your down these i wont hassel you haha thanks any way though bud!
Old 07-14-2007, 01:43 AM

Not very kind to hit the poor guy when he is down.

I was sad when I read of a3lkx's misfortune but after having read Gaddafi's condescending 'translation' I am in tears. Has the man no compassion? It will probably be argued that it was done in a sense of fun but surely Gaddafi must be aware that poor a3lkx will be suffering a sense of humour failure at present.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But Tsunami etc etc jokes are ok ? lol
Old 07-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by a3lkx,Jul 14 2007, 09:31 AM
some people need to get a life!, if you havent got any thing constructive to say please dont reply aint got time with perthetic punctuation and grammer right now! as am well pissed off and your not helping to be honest. ste if you fancy coming through the tunnel by all means give it a blast hehe but unless your down these i wont hassel you haha thanks any way though bud!
It will help your search if people understand you.

Simple really.

If you can't see that, you really are beyond help.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Busamav,Jul 14 2007, 09:52 AM
But Tsunami etc etc jokes are ok ? lol
Would you tell one to somebody directly involved??
Old 07-14-2007, 02:01 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

I'm with Gad, on this. This type of posting needs to be stamped on early, whatever the circumstances. Otherwise we become Scoobynet, God (or Gad) help us...
Old 07-14-2007, 02:02 AM
Banned

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jonsey77,Jul 14 2007, 09:56 AM
Would you tell one to somebody directly involved??
You don't know the extent of someone's involvement/experience when you tell a joke, do you?

Unless you are in the habit of prefacing any jokes/posts with the words:

"Now, before I begin, has anyone got any sensitivity around xyz?"

Irrelevant anyway, because as I have explained, I was trying to help the op obtain the best response to his request.

Not 'take the piss.'

Read San's 'spec c/not a spec c' if you want to see evidence of that.

Old 07-14-2007, 02:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your accident a3lkx.

Glad to hear your okay, thats the main thing. As has already bee said, check out the breakers list in the For Sale Section, you should be able to get most part you need, that or keep an eye on eBay

Good luck getting your car back on the road.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by gaddafi,Jul 14 2007, 10:02 AM
You don't know the extent of someone's involvement/experience when you tell a joke, do you?

Unless you are in the habit of prefacing any jokes/posts with the words:

"Now, before I begin, has anyone got any sensitivity around xyz?"

Irrelevant anyway, because as I have explained, I was trying to help the op obtain the best response to his request.

Not 'take the piss.'

Read San's 'spec c/not a spec c' if you want to see evidence of that.

Ok

Quick Reply: crashed!